_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
T-34/85 1:35
guffy450
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 04:51 AM UTC
Hi there,
It`s my first time on this forum.I have assembled few other 1:35 tanks/boats but they all destroyed.This is (badly photographed) t-34/85 from Dragon and its the 55th guards tank brig.,7th guards tank corps,berlin 1945.Can you post your opinions and any suggestions on how to make it even more realistic.I`m only 90% done,only to paint bottom of a tank.

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/freelancerkirill/
newnikonian
Visit this Community
India / भारत
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 233 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hi Guffy

Welcome to Armorama. You have come to the right place. You have managed a good build and there is still room for improvement. keep learning by going through the build logs and painting/ weathering steps and you will find the difference in the presentation and finish.
Have a great Day

BTW, It would be great if you could upload and attach images instead of linking to other sites. Thanks for sharing.
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 04:20 PM UTC
First, I would drill out the exhaust pipes until they are a realistic thickness. They look very, very thick. Then, I would vary your weathering - it is kind of one dimensional. Use different colors of mud and textures, and try to keep them primarily where they would have been on a real tank - so for example, lots and lots on the wheels, tracks, and fenders, not so much on the upper hull and turret.

Add some metallic highlights to bolts, exhaust pipes, tracks, etc... keep it subtle. Some soot on the exhaust and some oil and fuel stains on the engine compartment covers and fuel tanks...

Looks good - keep going!

Scott Gentry
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 05:36 PM UTC
It looks good indeed. Paint job and weathering look very good.
Anyway I agree with Scott,the exhaust pipes are too thick. Moreover, in my humble opinion, track links are too loose. You should have assembled one or two link less to each side to have a better result.

Anyway, as I told you, that's a very good job

Welcome on board!

cheers
 _GOTOTOP