IBG Polski Fiat 508/III Ambulance
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 12:29 PM UTC
Hi Folks,

It has been some time since I contributed to this Discussion Group and I thought that I ought to start doing so again.

I have just finished this little gem from IBG, it was a joy to build and is a lovely little model. Here are some pictures of the finished item....

I have another of their models of this vehicle type, the staff car, and will be looking forward to doing it as this build was totally trouble free. Hope you like it.

All the best,

Paul
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 03:44 PM UTC
Paul,the build is great,love the base.
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hi Roy,

Thanks for the kind comment. The base is a Games Workshop large round base, seemed to work really well, I also used their new basing material and found it really useful, worth checking out.

All the best,

Paul
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 03:17 AM UTC
Welcome back, Paul! I swear that it's been almost a year since we've had you and your work grace this forum. I've had the fortune of seeing this kit presented at a local club so I can appreciate what you had to work with. For those that don't know, this kit is quite small (almost wanted to use the word tiny) but quite loaded with parts. It appeared to be not in any way a quick build, despite its basically simple outline.

As for the model itself, you've done a marvellous job with your colour variations and I love the subtle but effective "dusting" up that gives it that "live-in" look. The base is simple yet very attractive and compliments the model effectively. I am particularly impressed by your grass! Could you explain a bit about what you used and how you achieved it? Oh, am I mistaken or didn't it also come with a stretcher?

Glad to have you back and would love to see you do a Blog when you build the staff car.

Cheers,
Jan
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:56 PM UTC
Hi Jan,

Thank you for the warm welcome back, I will try to be more productive during the latter half of 2012 and post more stuff here.

The base is a Games Workshop large base and I used Milliput for the basis of the little track. This was then coated with Games Workshop's new basing material. This stuff is really useful, it can be used to 'muddy up' a vehicle and can be applied in thin or thick layers. It dries quickly, and can be accelerated with a hair-dryer, takes paint easily and generally looks good. I recommend you give it a look see, it comes in several useful colours. I then airbrushed the base and used Mini-Natur grass tufts (summer grass) for the vegetation.

The vehicle did come with a stretcher, but it is very basic and I want to find out what a Polish army stretcher looks like before I add one, I would have liked to put a driver in but no one makes a Polish vehicle crew as far as I know.

I will do a build-log for the staff car, it is a lovely model as well.

All the best,

Paul
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 01:41 PM UTC
What a cutebut also in a way homely little vehicle. I rather like it. Nice job on the paint and weathering and I think the base is great. Thanks for sharing and hope to see a blog of that car you mention. I've seen some IBG kits in my area but avoided them as they are a bit pricey.

Regards,
AJ
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hi AJ,

Thanks for the kind comments, it is a neat little vehicle and a joy to build. I will do the build-log when I have cleared some of the backlog of kits sitting in front of me that need to be done.

All the best,

Paul
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 06:28 PM UTC
@spacewolfdad – Paul,

It’s good to see you posting something you created here. The little vehicle looks outstanding but I have to agree with AJB ‘weathering _one’ in that it is a rather homely looking little fellow but its small size is also rather appealing. The base goes a long ways in complimenting the little vehicle and provides it a good home and a sense of action. Very good set of photographs you’ve chosen to share with all of us.

~ Eddy
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 04:07 AM UTC
Hi Eddy,

Thank you for those kind words, I have moved totally from building for wargaming to pure modelling and I am trying out different painting techniques. I did the post shading and highlighting as I would for painting a figure and it seemed to work ok, no dry-brushing whatsoever . Glad you like it, I will be posting regularly from now on so, hopefully, there will be lots of things to discuss.

All the best,

Paul
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 - 02:06 PM UTC
I like this build, fine work.

I have several truck kits from IGB that I want to move on to after I get through my half built kit pile.
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 06:42 AM UTC
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the kind comment, I think you will enjoy the IGB stuff, very nicely moulded and easy to put together. Their Universal Carriers have met with favourable responses as well, I will be getting a few of those for some Western Desert projects I have in mind.

All the best,

Paul
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 04:10 AM UTC
In your line Paul, excellent model.

Best regards. Pedro.
 _GOTOTOP