_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Beginners
A good place to look if you are just starting out.
Hosted by Darren Baker
my panzer iv
khai1981
Visit this Community
Malacca, Malaysia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 04:14 AM UTC
finally i had been able to finished my latest diorama for this forum ......... i had spend about 3 month to completed all details on this diorama ..... this time my diorama is about refueling and rearm the mighty panzer iv in north Africa desert............hope u all like my diorama and plz give me a comments for me to make me to improve my skills for my next dio ......

model iklan darlie smile .........

gringe88
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 05:52 PM UTC
I like your dio khairel! A lot of action going on. All your work's really obvious in it.

The weathering is a little heavy, especially the silver. The exposed steel on tanks would rust over pretty quick with the paint worn off. And even in the desert, it would be dulled down from the sand rubbing it. Use a couple different shades of grey next time, and especially rust browns if its not in the desert.

I like how you kept everything tight on the base. There's something going on everywhere in your diorama. With the flag, you might want to use a light paper, like tissue next time. Dip it in water mixed with paper glue, then drape it where you want it to lay. You can paint it to look like a flag or camo tarp when its dry.

Great job overall. Hope to see your next piece soon!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 07:11 PM UTC
Very busy. You put a lot of hours into this one. I will only point out the areas that can use some attention. Don't take this the wrong way. This is just for learning. The two figures fueling the tank don't seem to be in natural poses. Where is the fuel hose going? What you paint as aiming posts are actually the barrel cleaning rod. Tanks did not use aiming posts, only the arti did. I agree that you went a bit heavy on the weathering. The eyebrows on the figures is too thick. For eyebrows, I use a 000 brush and make one stroke over each eye. The insides of the hatches should be the same color as the outside of the tank. The figures loading the ammo don't tell the same story. You have a partially full ammo crate on the deck, but the figure not on the tank is removing the rounds from the crate on the ground. The fire extinguisher does no good on the outside of the tank. Anything that damaged the schurzen that badly in that area, would likely have disabled the suspension and tracks.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 08:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The insides of the hatches should be the same color as the outside of the tank.

Matt, In a lot of cases that could be considered true, but it wasn't always true. As you can notice there's a nazi flag on the upper hull so the main concern for this crew would have been avoid the friendly fire rather than improving the tank camouflage. Morover the inside of the upper hatch has been rightly painted in the outside color. In my opinion it would be consistent that instead the inside of the side hatches were left in Ivory. Side hatches were rarely opened, for sure they weren't left open during the transfers. Hiding them in a perfect way wasn't so required

However, I agree with the observations. Khairel, your job is quite good but maybe too busy. You really should have used a larger base for your dio. The schurzen damage looks too heavy. If you had painted the damaged shurzen in a different color, that would have meant that the extra armour was taken from a wrecked exemplar,otherwise it wouldn't have been possible not having any track damage with that kind of stroke.

Just my two cents anyway

cheers
 _GOTOTOP