_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
T2K Alabama Slammer progress 2
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 10:03 AM UTC
Got a l;ittle more done today http://community.webshots.com/photo/9657314/97708618RIVytt

animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 10:08 AM UTC
http://community.webshots.com/photo/9657314/97708645HUxfMb
http://community.webshots.com/photo/9657314/97708665LLIINn
http://community.webshots.com/photo/9657314/97708594qYOmXI
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 10:17 AM UTC
I wish the army hadn't chopped this program! They should have followed your build Animal!
Looks great! Keep em coming.

What kind of hood is that?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 11:04 AM UTC
As expected animal, superb! But apparently you're doing the US Army more than one better. :-)
I guess you decided not to include the exhaust pipe running directly up & thru the passenger compartment like the Army had done? Maybe the exhaust pipe was planned as some kind of interior heating device or something
Keep it coming animal!

Tread.

Oh, BTW, is that a 5-Ton hood and front end with sheet front fenders? Looks a little familiar.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 11:32 AM UTC
Lookin' great Animal! Glad I poked my head up to check out the Site today!

Diving back into "Sopwith Camel" - I've been working out the Radio and four sets of Headphones for the crew. The whole day was devoted to 'Camel'...

Gunnie
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC
That's awesome, Animal. When I saw the pics on the Web, I wondered to myself how long it would take for someone to build this beast.

Looking forward to more progress shots!
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 12:13 PM UTC
The hood is a resin casted M-800 series hood(home casted). The exhaust system will be run under the right side of the chassis. I haven't seen any photos of the exhaust being inside the vehicle. That would be crazy for them to do that. This vehicle was to be used in the desert. The crew would have been roasting as it is. The photos that I have for reference shows the exhaust just laying inside the hull not installed. The fenders are five ton home cast fenders.

Hey Gunnie I'm glad to see that you are back working on the Camel. You have kept us all waiting a looooong time to see this one finished. I noticed that you haven't had an update on your web site since early Sep.???? I need my Gunnie fix man!! #:-)
cdave
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 12:21 PM UTC
Animal,

Excellent build so far. So are you planning to release some of these "home cast" resin pieces to us meager soles?

Dave
AMPS LA
GunTruck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 12:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gunnie I'm glad to see that you are back working on the Camel. You have kept us all waiting a looooong time to see this one finished. I noticed that you haven't had an update on your web site since early Sep.???? I need my Gunnie fix man!! #:-)

A little thing called "T2K Campaign" happened to me along the way. I was hoping to be able to update my website late this weekend. I've got an AMPS Western Front meeting tomorrow afternoon though. I'm almost done with 'Camel' - just wiring the Radio and putting the last of the stowage in place. Last is the Antenna - and I'm calling it done!

"Easy Rider" is getting cold sitting on the shelf...

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 12:57 PM UTC
Ok I will let you off with a warning this time.. #:-) The T2k thing is very addictive you know.
As far as "releasing" the home cast resin parts, I am not equiped to cast pieces of the quality that would be of a saleable item. The parts that I cast are rough to say the least. Lots of filler etc to make them work. The hood on the Slammer is not my casting but one from a friend who I have mentioned before. He too is not able to produce any kit ts in quanity. Someday we both hope to be in a position to do this. When and if I am able to get the pressure pot for the resin casting I may be able to make enough in quantity for sale or trade( a few at a time that is). Heck guys I am an old guy stuck in a wheel chair and because of the lack of big bucks I scratch build a lot of my own parts. I have a lot of time on my hands but I am not up to a scheduled lifestyle to turn a hobby and therapy into a business. I don't respond very well to pressure any more.(I guess I fell out of too many Helo's on my head when younger)
 _GOTOTOP