_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
BTR-60P
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 11:52 PM UTC
Hi Guys!

At the moment I'm building the Trumpeter BTR-60P. This is a very good kit, but it takes more time to build then I initially thought. The suspension is i.e. highly detailed and takes much time. (sadly you don't see much of it when the wheels are attached..)

The most difficult part in my build sofar is that you need to think what to do with the painting stage. You can't glue the upper- and lower hull together without getting problems painting the interior. Choices, choices . On the interior part, I keep all the instrument panels and seats apart, just to make it easier to paint. I made a few quick photos to show what I have done sofar. If you're building this kit too, I'm very curious on your build! Sadly you don't see this kit much around on the forums.

I'm almost done with the build, and I hope to show some progress on the painting soon! P.s. To these kind of vehicles I find it a good visual addition to turn the front wheels a bit. Easy fix and good looking ( I hope you agree, hehe:P)
Cheers,
Jurjen
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 02:32 AM UTC
Hey Jurjen- very clean and sharp buiild. The damage on the wooden seats is a real nice touch. You definetly have to plan how you want to paint this one. When I did mine I stopped when I had completed the lower hull and upper hull interior and then painted and weathered them before mating them and finishing the build. I then used dish sponges to mask the interior and painted the outside. The way you are going about it is a good idea too as it allows you to get access to all the interior parts.

What sort of color scheme are you going to go for?
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 03:43 AM UTC
Hi Karl,
I'm going for the usual boring green . I just finished airbrushing the vehicle (also exterior, but I do it over again, just to pop out some small build errors). I hoped that the interior would be white, but I haven't found any proof - so now it's also boring green![:::] I hope to make some weathering progress on the interior this week.

Cheers!
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 05:07 AM UTC
I think the interior was normally green on the open top vehicle so yeah, quite boring. I did a bit of the hairspray technique to add some chipping on the wooden seats just to liven up the finish a bit. I finished mine in the Guards parade scheme with the white strips- it kind of breaks up the green finish a bit more!
kennethc
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 05:16 AM UTC
Jurjen, Very nice work so far. It sure is a great kit. I know what you mean about painting as you go. I finished mine last February. I completely finished painting the interior before attaching the top and bottom halves. I spend a lot of time painting the interior only to cover most of it up but then that is how us modelers roll...

I forgot to mention, you haven't gotten to the fun part. The surf shield on the nose is a maddening experience. Just take it slow and easy there...
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
The entire vehicle is worn, used, rusty, that's good.
But the number of such gates as if it were freshly painted, and around her faded, worn and all.
I think you should adjust the vehicle's condition, because I do not match!
Regards, Gábor.
kennethc
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 05:36 AM UTC
That's not rust, it's a fine coat of muddy road spray from traveling at high speed on a hard but dirty surface.
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 10:10 AM UTC
Really great work Jurjen...Like it very much....
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 01:38 PM UTC
WOW!!! That looks fantastic! Excellent weathering Jurjen!

Gary
newnikonian
Visit this Community
India / भारत
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 233 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 04:52 PM UTC
Hi Jurjen,
Looks good. Nice and sharp details. Thanks for sharing. Please post some close up / good lighting / back ground once completed and when you have time.
Have a Great Day
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 01:17 AM UTC
Hi Guys!
The finished model is from kenneth, not me I really like your finish Kenneth, it is a great inspiration! At the moment I'm building the BRDM-2, but I will continue the BTR-60 soon!
CB1000h
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 358 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 09:42 AM UTC
Does anyone make a kit of or a good conversion for he closed top non turret vehicle of this bar series.
I really like your work
Wayne
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 11:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone make a kit of or a good conversion for he closed top non turret vehicle of this bar series.
I really like your work
Wayne

That would be the BTR-60PA. You would need an entirely new upper hull. Supposedly Trumpeter has announced one, so I doubt you'll see a conversion made.

KL
 _GOTOTOP