Hosted by Darren Baker
2pdr portee on Chevy C30
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 09:33 PM UTC
A conversion based on the IBG Models C15 and ACE models 2pdr gun. I've tried where possible to reuse parts of the truck kit as my spares box is a little depleted, so I don't claim 100% accuracy. This is a conversion that I've promised myself for years but would just be too expensive right now in my usual 1/35th scale

spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 - 12:38 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

Really neat little conversion, I have the Ace 2 pounder and considered doing this to it as well. I shall study your model to get some idea of what I need to do. How did you get on building the Ace gun? It looks pretty good in the box, and there will be the Zvesda one available soon to compare it with.

Are you doing a crew for it, or putting it in any setting?

All the best,

Paul
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 - 12:48 AM UTC
Hi Paul

The Ace gun is a little 'soft' on the detail inplaces, but not bad for this scale. Some of the instructions are a but vague as well, but overall it goes together ok.

I've no doubt that you would do better to use you're own references rather than my model as a source for yours as I admit to cutting a few corners due to the small scale and my big fingers...........
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 06:06 AM UTC
@DaveCox – Dave,

Nice job on the conversion. This is one setup that I have not seen before but it sure looks an interesting vehicle. Good to see something unusually different and somewhat difficult to build. It appears that your rendition has seen some very ruff days, with the broken windscreen and pitted paint.

Thanks for posting and sharing your work here,
~ Eddy
 _GOTOTOP