_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Help Need Modern Diorama Ideas??
Curtisl21
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 04:15 AM UTC
Please can someone help me i need some photos for a modern diorama for us in iraq
problem is i dont have the imagination to make one and i cant find any good enoth pictures for them
thanks
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 04:46 AM UTC
do you want pictures of 1/35 dioramas depicting scenes from Iraq, or actual photos of the war in Iraq? If its the later you want why not just google Image 'Iraq War' or 'Operation Iraqi Freedom', check sites like Corbis, Flikr, and Picassa. Theres lots of reference books on the war: Concord Publications produce lots of relatively inexpensive books covering all aspects of the conflict and counterinsurgency campaign. Also check this forum, theres been literally hundreds of photos posted over the years.

If you ask for something specific which isn't already easy to find most chaps on here will be more than willing to help, but it kinda comes across from this thread that you haven't found anything that takes your fancy and are too lazy to keep on looking.
newdriftking
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 10:24 AM UTC
What I normally do is check out films about that era your wanting to model..

So watch Generation Kill, Green Zone, Hurt Locker, Jarhead, 3 kings, The Kingdom, Courage Under Fire, Rules of Engagement etc..

Check Youtube, Google, all you need is "Operation Desert Storm" or "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

It's easy... The guys and gals on here will help once youv'e decided on your composition, and will give feedback when you start building but won't tell you what you should do..
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 11:54 AM UTC

Original pics are always the best inspiration source in my opinion
 _GOTOTOP