_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
In the Days of our Youths
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 - 04:46 AM UTC
we were told what it means to be a man.
I bought the MB kit of German anti tank dudes and was inspired by the brilliant box art. I turned this guy into a grenadier from 12SS looking for a way out of the Falaise pocket.
Here we are so far:

And with a little more tweeking and putty and then primer

The head is from Hornet,the body is a modifies MB fig,the PE is from Alliance Modeworks and the MG42 is from K59?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 - 09:18 AM UTC
Good work Jerry is the PE set German webbing or a generic strap and buckle set. It really brings the model up a notch

I think the area where the trousers tuck into the gaiters needs a little more work though.

Will this guy stand alone or is there a small dio planned?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 - 01:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Good work Jerry is the PE set German webbing or a generic strap and buckle set. It really brings the model up a notch

I think the area where the trousers tuck into the gaiters needs a little more work though.

Will this guy stand alone or is there a small dio planned?

Thanks for looking in Pat,
The straps are part of a Alliance Modelworks set. You are correct about the pants. I have not finished with all of the tiny putty flaws,etc and also the rest of the MG,etc.
I have not decided where to go with this guy as far as a dio. Maybe this is even the wrong forum for this now that I think about it. Maybe I should delete?
J
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 - 10:50 PM UTC
Hey Jerry its great to see another piece from you. Don't delete it on us! Get one of the mods to move it to the 'Figure' forums!

I like the relaxed, kind of pensive pose- the Hornet head really does complement the body language perfectly. What was the Alliance Model Works set like to use?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 12:08 AM UTC
Hi Jerry. Nice pose. I like what you´ve done here. If its going to have base work or part of anything else, then there should be no issue for it stay here in Dioramas.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 06:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Jerry its great to see another piece from you. Don't delete it on us! Get one of the mods to move it to the 'Figure' forums!

I like the relaxed, kind of pensive pose- the Hornet head really does complement the body language perfectly. What was the Alliance Model Works set like to use?

Thanks for the kind words my friend. The AM set was pretty nice to use. It is very extensive and includes 2 complete sets of web gear down to the a frame,slings,goggles,eyeglasses,gloves scissors,flatwear and too much else to include here. I highly recommend the set.It also comes in 1/16 scale.
I did modify the figure. I leaned the upper torso back a little and then straightened out both legs before adding the additional folds to the legs and bottom of the smock. The right arm was switched as well. Then a small tilt to the head for some"tude" and here we go.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 07:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry. Nice pose. I like what you´ve done here. If its going to have base work or part of anything else, then there should be no issue for it stay here in Dioramas.

You are probably right . I just want to make sure I don't tic off the mods. I really like this website so I don't want to make any waves.
I have noticed that there are a lot of hits on my threads but very little in the way of comments. It leaves me thinking I pissed some one off or maybe my stuff just sucks? Or I may just be reading too much into it?
J
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You are probably right . I just want to make sure I don't tic off the mods. I really like this website so I don't want to make any waves.
I have noticed that there are a lot of hits on my threads but very little in the way of comments. It leaves me thinking I pissed some one off or maybe my stuff just sucks? Or I may just be reading too much into it?
J

Don't worry Jerry That just seems to be the way of things here on Armorama- lots of views few comments-particularly with features and reviews
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 05:23 PM UTC
I like what you've started, keep going! Dave
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 06:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have noticed that there are a lot of hits on my threads but very little in the way of comments. It leaves me thinking I pissed some one off or maybe my stuff just sucks?

Your figure looks great. I like the casual pose; a tilted head makes a whole lot of difference... really cool. As for the setting, if you are thinking of a single figure vignette, have you perhaps thought of a wedgie base from Darius Miniatures range? Check them out, very cool IMO:

Darius Miniatures

As for the comments, Pat is absolutely right. We had a poll here some time ago and asked people what would they like to see on the website. Majority opted for more build logs with pictures... as they thought this kind of content is the most interesting. I remember some went even more specific, asking for builds showing how to convert plastic figures. However, it seems very few are actually taking the time to comment this kind of project. Which is a shame... getting no comments makes the modeler wonder if he should post their progress anymore. I know, I've been there as well.

Mario
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 04:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I have noticed that there are a lot of hits on my threads but very little in the way of comments. It leaves me thinking I pissed some one off or maybe my stuff just sucks?

Your figure looks great. I like the casual pose; a tilted head makes a whole lot of difference... really cool. As for the setting, if you are thinking of a single figure vignette, have you perhaps thought of a wedgie base from Darius Miniatures range? Check them out, very cool IMO:

Darius Miniatures

As for the comments, Pat is absolutely right. We had a poll here some time ago and asked people what would they like to see on the website. Majority opted for more build logs with pictures... as they thought this kind of content is the most interesting. I remember some went even more specific, asking for builds showing how to convert plastic figures. However, it seems very few are actually taking the time to comment this kind of project. Which is a shame... getting no comments makes the modeler wonder if he should post their progress anymore. I know, I've been there as well.

Mario

Thank you Mario for commenting here.
I have no problem continuing to post now that I know that this is just the way things go here. I do not have much ego but I was wondering about the paltry amount of comments on my threads and now that this has been cleared up I will get back to posting my merry way!! LOL
I checked out the base website you suggested. Very nice stuff. I may go with one of those at some point but I am now leaning toward a specific scene involving more figgies behind a hedgerow.
Thanks again for checking in and for the kind words,
J
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 05:21 AM UTC
Jerry, you're not going to tic off one of the mods if this isn't in the right forum

If you decide it would be better in the Figure forum as it progresses, just let us know. Your choice.

As far as comments...go by page views instead, although the comments here so far (by some of the top modelers in the world IMO) have been very positive.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 07:01 AM UTC
Well alrighty then. I guess you can't get any better than a word from the head honcho.
Thanks for taking the time to deal with this very unimportant worry of mine on this very important website! Means a lot.
J
rossgary
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 06:12 PM UTC
Jerry,
You keep it going, mate.
Your builds have inspired me to up my game more times than I can remember! No doubt there's a lot of guys out there that will agree with me.
All the best,
Gary
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry,
You keep it going, mate.
Your builds have inspired me to up my game more times than I can remember! No doubt there's a lot of guys out there that will agree with me.
All the best,
Gary

Thanks and wilco Sir!
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 03:27 PM UTC
I have not given up on this little dude. I have had an eyelid infection that is very bothersome and it keeps me from concentrating on little stuff. I have had to put figure painting on hold for a while while I recover.
That is why I am building an old house now om this forum. It's a lot easier to see!
J
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 05:35 PM UTC
Wishing you fast and full recovery. We'll be here waiting to see more progress as you feel better.

Mario
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 07:32 PM UTC
That's okay Jerry we can wait Get well soon
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 01:51 AM UTC
I wish you a quick recovery Jerry.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 08:55 AM UTC
Danke manner,
I will give it a go but this is quite frustrating.
J
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 09:02 AM UTC
Ola Jerry
I also want to wish you a speedy recovery.
rossgary
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 10:18 PM UTC
Take your time, Buddy. Get yourself 100% first!
Your stuff is worth waiting for!
Gary
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 04:53 AM UTC
Robert and Glenn,
Thanks for the kind words and support. Feeling a little better today but that is when you don't want to over do things a it puts you right back again!! LOL Warm moist compresses are my best friends now.
J
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 - 02:42 PM UTC
Am I the only one who noticed the Led Zeppelin reference?? Such a shame. Hope you get better Jerry, your builds are always amazing.

-Conor
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 01:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Am I the only one who noticed the Led Zeppelin reference?? Such a shame. Hope you get better Jerry, your builds are always amazing.

-Conor

Thanks much Conner,
Maybe you and I are the only ones here old enough to remember? Or maybe everyone else only listens to rap?
J
 _GOTOTOP