Tiger I
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 04:45 AM UTC
Hi to all.

This is the last model that I have finished. Based in a Dragon kit, it was made by my son before he started the University. It's been in a glass case until I saw in Mig's blog and It has been an excellent practice with whitewash technique. The model was made straight of the box except the tracks. They are a resin copy of the vinyl ones.

Best regards.

Pedro.
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi to all.

This is the last model that I have finished. Based in a Dragon kit, it was made by my son before he started the University. It's been in a glass case until I saw in Mig's blog and It has been an excellent practice with whitewash technique. The model was made straight of the box except the tracks. They are a resin copy of the vinyl ones.

Best regards.

Pedro.

Hi Pedro,

Wonderful stuff, really like the winter whitewash. The hairspray technique really worked well with this one, superb weathering. I am interested in your casting the tracks from resin, why did you do this? I know that the DS tracks can suffer from the curse of all flexible tracks, that is sagging in the sprocket area, was that the reason for you doing it? I would be grateful if you could show what you did or is it on your blog? Keep up the good work, you are a real inspiration to me.

All the best,

Paul
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 08:30 AM UTC
[@]@Pedro[/b] - Very nice to see you back, it seems to have been a while. I really like what you have done and it's nice to see what this method can achieve. I may have to be trying something similar with a Dragon Horch that I'm still finishing.

Cheers,
Jan
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hi Pedro,

Excellent finish on this Tiger well done.

P.A.
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / España
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 11:05 PM UTC
Thanks very much friends.

Paul, I normally work with resin pieces and I think, if the tracks aren't made in plastic, the best way is the resin. When you make the copy, before you clean the pieces, you can to put to they around the sprocket area and the rest of the running gear. The effects are very good. After you must to wait until the resin is cured and clean the tracks.

I have use the same method that I explained in my blog with the Stug III tracks (how to..copy tracks). You only need a simple mold because the holes in the track are very small. The original an copies can be extracted easily.

Regards. Pedro.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 12:23 PM UTC
@PedroA – Pedro,

I have this kit in my stash and your son did a good job with the assembly, hope I won’t run into too much of an issue with building it when I do get a chance to get to it. Jan, aka ‘tread_geek’ Etal, ran into some difficulty with the idler wheels on a similar Dragon late production Tiger I (without the Zimmerit) so I was wondering if they may have changed the sprues containing the idlers on this newer kit (haven’t opened my example yet). You’ve done a great job with the camouflage scheme and winter white wash – something that I have yet to do! I know I will have to contend with the tracks or replace them with a cast resin set as you have done.

Thanks for posting and sharing your work here, keep them coming!

~ Eddy
 _GOTOTOP