_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Hobby Fan - Duster Crew
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 02:07 PM UTC
A recent update on the AFV Club - Hobby Fan Facebook page that might be of interest to Vietnam era and Duster fans.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 - 04:32 AM UTC
Thanks, Kevin!

Really nice to see a purpose-made crew for the Duster (now I just have to build mine!)

I especially like the figure with the open flak jacket, cigar and no hat --- looks like Tom Hanks! Could see this figure atop any Vietnam War AFV. Be nice if the set came with extra 40mm rounds.

Ya gotta love those Vietnam releases --- keep 'em coming HF/AFV Club!

Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 - 11:32 AM UTC
Hey Johnny,
Couldn't agree more, it's always nice to see a VN release. A four man crew isn't necessarily wrong but I kinda wish they did a five or six person crew. Shouldn't be too hard to enlist another crew member or two from the spares box though.

If you need ammo, this looks like the way to go: AFV Club 40mm ammo and boxes

Did you see that Verlinden is doing a driver's compartment for the Duster?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 - 03:41 PM UTC
Lovely figure set which is badly needed for this but unfortunately too late for my me as I have made other plans. Thanks for the AFV Club ammo top Sherb ... that is exactly what I want!!
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 07:56 AM UTC
Heya, Sherb,

Good ta hear from ya, amigo --- I hope that life is good!

Thanks for the update on the AFV Club 40mm ammo set --- I agree with Frank: this is awesome!! Been looking for a source of both types of 40mm ammo boxes for M48A3 stowage (and Riverine Monitor storage if I ever start my Nimix monitor)! Not to mention the needed extra 40mm rounds for the Duster...

Ahh, I did see the Verlinden set --- doesn't look like a whole lot to it, but it'll dress up the front office nicely, especially it you want to open the big forward hatch.

Don't know what the price point of the figures will be, but I'll have to get them when I start in on my Duster later in the Fall...

Speaking of such things, I'm still hoping against hope that AFV Club will release a full kit of an LVTPE Engineer vehicle ("potato digger") or a Hobby Fan resin conversion with the plow and all the other hardware...I can dream right?

Still got my fingers crossed for the LVTH6 from AFV Club, although it seems to have dropped off the release list...

Later, folks! Sherb, say HI ta the home town for me!!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP