_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon M4A1 Kit #6048 OOP?
Bullethead35
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 08:22 AM UTC
I've been trying to find Dragon's M4A1 kit (#6048) and can't find any shops that have it in stock - is it out of production? I didn't even see one on ebay.

If so, anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bullethead
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 10:45 AM UTC
DML's kit 6048 is legendary amongst most long term Sherman Modellers being the first to offer the mid production bogies with horizontal trailling arms. It was originally introduced circa 1995 after the M4A4 family and the M4A3 HVSS kits they did but quickly dissapeared however the demand did not. It commanded ludicrous prices on E Bay etc for many years. DML had so many requests to re release it that they did and it promptly sold out. DML then did another large batch of re release and it again sold out pretty quickly. This is widely seen as the start of DML's Newer Sherman releases (M4A2, M4, M4A3 retools and M4A1 76) as most of these followed on shortly after and have continued on since. It has not been in production for many years now despite being in the catalogue and to be honest apart from nostalgia it offers little when compared to the Tasca M4A1's. I had hoped that they would offer it as an Orange Box release with the new turret and tracks but no such luck. They can still be found on E bay although the prices are a lot better than the $100+ they once commanded (and got).

Al
Bullethead35
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 01:10 PM UTC
Thanks Al, lots of good info there. I found one on ebay for $75 and it's a bit more than I want to spend. A friend of mine (locally) thinks he might have one so I might swap or buy it relatively painlessly.

I do appreciate your kind reply, I learned alot!

Can you believe I've been building armor for over 40 years and only built 1 Sherman (the Monogram kit about 30 tears ago!)? Lots and lots of softskins though.

Thanks again!

Bullethead
jrybak
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 04:03 PM UTC
I have/had one for sale. I nwill double check to see if I still have it.

John
 _GOTOTOP