Dragon Jagdtiger Henschel Production
MSHaahr
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 - 12:40 AM UTC
This is my small Dragon Jagdtiger.
This is my first build to reach completion over the last 3 years. Having small children, 6 months deployment to Afghanistan and rebuilding our home, hasen’t left much time for the hobby.
But here it is, hope you like it, and please post your opinion.

Steffen

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 - 03:28 AM UTC
Steffen,

Congratulations on your recent completion and welcome back to posting in the Braille Forum. For the most part the build looks good and I particularly like the mud look on the suspension. Did this kit have the DS tracks or was it an older one with the vinyl tracks? The tracks are the only thing that detracts from the overall look. These tracks were heavy and always rested on the top of the road wheels. If the tracks were DS Styrene then you could glue them to the tops of the wheels with regular styrene cement. (would be more difficult with the vinyl). Thanks for sharing and hope to see more of your small scale work in the future.

Cheers,
Jan
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 08:16 PM UTC
Hi Steffen,

You surely have been busy. I agree with Jan about the tracks, it's a good model for a come back.

Welcome back and post more of your work.

P.A.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 - 06:46 PM UTC
@MSHaahr – Steffen,

First of all welcome back and welcome home. I’m late in posting a comment, so here it is. I like your build, especially the multi-colored dry and wet mud. I also like the slight color variation in the single color scheme you chose for your vehicle. The vehicle as it is painted and weathered looks like it has been pulled right out of the mud, not uncommon for these heavy tanks. I noticed that there is an absence of markings, nice touch for an end of war vehicle. Aside from the track issue, with included remedy, already pointed out, you have done a super job on your come back build.

Thanks for posting and sharing your build, hoping to see more of your work here.

~ Eddy
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 - 09:12 PM UTC
Great work for something so small and with so little time.
 _GOTOTOP