_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter’s IT-1 Missile Tank Complete
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 05:16 PM UTC
Here is my latest project completed. This time Trumpeter’s new IT-1 missile tank built straight from the box with no additional parts other than replacing the kit tracks with those from Fruilmodel. I did not add the fuel tank lines since I wanted to focus more on the painting and fun build. I tried to come up a more unique paint job since it is overall green. So I did some modulation to help break everything up and used spare decals since the kit comes with none. I wanted to keep the weathering to a minimum since these tanks had a very short service career from 1968-1970. The figures are from tank and painted to look like 70’s style uniforms. The base is nothing more than scrap wood with plaster spackle for the ground work. Grass tuffs, leaves from Hudson and Alley, and a sea sponge tree.

pilote14
Visit this Community
Pas-de-Calais, France
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 432 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 06:31 PM UTC
Nice building ! nice paint ! nice diorama !
very nice !
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 02:36 AM UTC
AMAZING WORK!
Thanks for sharing
Euan
bigmal
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 176 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 02:38 AM UTC
Very nicely done.
What did you use for the leaves on the tree?

The reason there were no decals in the kit is because the IT-1`s didn`t carry markings.
I don`t know why.

Malc.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 02:47 AM UTC
Nicely done kit Chris- I think you've done the modulation very well, it adds that bit more interest to the single green color. The weathering connects the tank to the scene nicely aswell. Its nice to see a crew on the IT-1 too, it gives a good idea of the proportions of the turret.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 03:56 AM UTC
Very nice little dio. The painting of the tank is really attractive. One point though, I think the figure are not correct for the time frame the IT-1 was in service.
And I wouldn't like being the driver with the MG just behind my neck

Olivier
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 07:16 AM UTC
Thanks guys for the great comments Like I said this kit was a real joy to build with no fit problems other than the turret seems to be a little bit larger than it should. When the driver's hatch is close, the turret will sit on top of the hatch a bit. Trumpeter must have fudge the dimensions some on the turret diameter. Yes I would hste to be the driver with the coax pointed right at my head, why it's not on the other side is beyond me unless the sighting equipment gets in the way. You think the russian would of thought that through since the tank was in development sinc 1964. Either way the kit looks intersting next to a normal T-62.
 _GOTOTOP