_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
SAS Take Down
mattheww
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 12:58 PM UTC
To make this Dio i used Dragon SAS figures, Miniart stairs and a scratch built building facade cast from plaster and scribed.

More photos on my blog
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 01:23 PM UTC
Mathew

Good subject with nicely painted figures. Impressed by your scratch built building.

Cheers

Gerry
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 02:24 PM UTC
HeyMatthew, a real winner there. Well executed dio. Excellent paint job all the way around. Your figures came out exceptionally well and the greys and blacks make the equipment pop out so well. No need to guess what's happening or about to happen. You hit this right on the nail head.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 03:49 PM UTC
Really nice work. I like your choice of gray uniforms as the blue uniforms could be harder to paint and shade. These are some of the best DML SAS painted figures I've seen.
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 06:43 PM UTC
Matthew: Great dio. The building and figures are excellently painted.

My only comments relate to the tactics shown and I submit them to you for future reference and don't mean to pick on the dio; 1) The guys would be more closely stacked at the door, going down the stairs so everybody could get into the room quickly. Surprise is to their advantage (I also realize you might not have done this so as not to have to modify the figs for the stair). 2) the guy with the battering ram would not be first to enter as he'd lose the initiative switching from ram to gun. There'd be another guy who had the ram waiting for everyone else to go by him into the building first, then he would follow. (although perhaps you are showing the last guy to go in?) (or maybe the door was unlocked so he was able to set the ram down and didn't need it?) 3) The ram would have been layed off to the side in order not to trip the rest of the team coming up the stairs.

Again, well done on the dio and I hope you find my comments constructive. I really like the paint job on the building.

Happy Modeling, -zon
 _GOTOTOP