_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Tiger 1 1/35th Diorama, need suggestions
celticveil
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 07:33 PM UTC
I'm working on a diorama of a tiger 1 with accompanying crew along with service crew who will be reloading/refueling the tank. I'm using tamiya crew members, academy tank model, academy service members inside a large trumpeter display case. I also was able to get the tamiya brass shell kit and academy tank accessory kit to add a few nice pieces to flesh out the look. My question is what can I reference in building custom crates or other items commonly found around a refueling site? Tje base itself will be pretty simple, as I want the focus to go to the crew and the tank itself. But any little side items I can add which would enhance the overall look and feel would be welcomed. I haven't worked on a 1/35th scale diorama before, so am getting used to the concept of scratch building things.
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 469 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 01:09 AM UTC
Think about what kind of gear would be needed at the location. Ammo boxes perhaps? I usually do a google search for the subject matter I'm doing. You can also check out the websites of aftermarket resin accessories makers and use those as reference.
 _GOTOTOP