_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Softskins
Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
HB Land Rover to Perentie SRV conversion..???
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 07:26 AM UTC
Hi,
I wonder how complicated it would be to convert the HB´s Land Rover to Australian Perentie 4x4 SRV like this one..

There are photos from the field, but unfortunately just a few showing the details. Is there someone who could help? Either with close up pictures (chassis, dashboard, interiors) or to sum up the differences?

Thanks a lot in advance

Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi Jiri

Do you know these pics ?

http://www.remlr.com/perentie-SRV_in_transit.html

HTH

Frenchy
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 - 11:44 PM UTC
The SRV has changed a lot since first seen in 1998-99.
The one in the photo you have posted is an SOTG (Special Operation Task Group) vehicle, part of either SASR or 2 Commando.
You will not find much in the way of configuration and detailed photo's apart from what Australian Defense has already released. And those are few and very far between.
The SRV's we had in my Regiment in 2000-01 went through 2 door and spare wheel configurations in 12 months.
I have a fair amount of information, but sorry I'm not prepared to release any of it for a number of reasons at this stage, that we wont go into.
Just let me say that it will take a hell of a lot of work and research to make it accurate. Hence I haven't started on one yet.
Frenchy's link will give you the basic's, but even then as you can see from the image you posted, there are differences that are not added until the vehicle arrives in theater and some parts removed.

Cheers Jason
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 08:54 AM UTC
Dear both,
thank you very much for your posts. @Frenchy, you´re great as always. Yes, I´ve seen this one already so as the walkaround of the SRV older version at primeportal.net. @Jason, I am sure you have a good reason for not releasing the info (and I can only hope it´s due to a possible release of SRV conversion ). Could you maybe at least let me know if the Perentie´s chassis is similar or very different to Land Rover?

Thanks again

Jiri
 _GOTOTOP