Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML 1/72 Elefant quick look
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2003 - 02:21 PM UTC
Just picked up this kit today (#7201). It looks really nice, around the quality of the Roden JS3 Stalin, maybe towards the newer Revell kits.

The kit consists of 72 light gray parts on 3 sprues, each individually bagged. The three sprue contain (1) the lower hull and superstructure; (2) road wheels and drive sprockets; (3) main detail sprue. The two black vinyl tracks are thin and soft. They are nicely detailed as well and placed in the bag with the main detail sprue. The decals are also bagged separately and provide options for just one vehicle, the 3rd Company, sPzJgAbt.653, Russia 1944.

The instruction sheet is a full color affair. The step-by-step instructions use full color photos of the actual kit and the painting and decal guide use photos of the completed and painted model.

I expected a more complicated kit, but this is a fairly simple but well-detailed kit. I also expected link & length track and was surprised at the one piece vinyl tracks. Overall though, it looks to be worth the money.

The kit retails for $8.95 at my local shop and cost me $8.05 after my 10% club discount. Slightly cheaper than the price they carry the newer Revell of Germany kits ($9-10).
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2003 - 04:36 PM UTC
thats a cool kit i just picked up the 1/35 scale of the Elefant.
i dont see many modles of these made.
i find this tank rather cool.
when u are done take some pics
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 02:22 AM UTC
I am finishing up the painting and weathering of Italeri's (ESCI) Elefant. There is a definitely a quantum leap in general level of quality between new small-scale AFV models and the Elefant. I am wondering if anyone has had an opportunity to compare the two up close and personal?

S
 _GOTOTOP