_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Tamiya T72 M1 Build – Help, suggestion needed
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 - 08:51 AM UTC
Mukund, PM me about a SKIF mineplow if you are still looking for one.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Filled some drill holes...The search for non-shrinking putty continues...

Just get some epoxy like Milliput or Magic Sculp.

...or ca glue and talcum powder
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Greetings Everyone,
This is about a project which I have been delaying for years. T72 is one of my favorite tanks. I built T72 Tamiya kit OOB which was my first model. After posting those pics in forums (this was in 2006 I think), all sort of comments came out on its accuracy and the turret being wrong etc.

Since that time I have been delaying building a T72, because I had no clue how to build one which is fairly accurate. After reading through countless threads and discussions, I am still not clear whether I will be able to deal with the accuracy issues. So here goes the questions…

The following is the image of the tank I want to build and also the items I have collected.

Item 3, Fruel track pack ATL 01 says T54 /T55 / T62. But I understand It is the same for T72 as well. Am I correct?
Because of the confusion, I also bought Trumpeter T72 workable tracks. How good is that?

Item 4, The blast models resin update set is fairly complete and also has good barrel. Is that enough or should I look for metal one?

This is the first time I will be using resin kits. How does it differ from plastic clean up / sanding / glue / paint etc. Should I need to use regular super glue exclusively? Or any special types available? Should I wash (I don’t wash plastic parts) before priming? Can I use regular Tamiya grey primer or should I buy something different?

I want to use a desert camo with desert yellow mostly. Apart from those Iraqi ones, Any reference pics would be a great help.

The following is a picture of an Indian T72 modified with ERA? I saw multiple update sets with Mini Arm site with just the ERA bricks and the front glazis plate in resin. If I want to build the tank shown below, which set I should go for? This will be my next build so Please let me know what other update kits / base kit I should get.

Sorry for all these questions. I am not a rivet counter and never bothered about accuracy and always have fun building mostly OOB.
This T72 will be an exception so need all the help and support from you folks.

This will be a very slow build and probably posting a build log. Please feel free to post your T72 builds/ completed model pics here. Guide me with this build and correct me if something is not right…

Have a Great Day
Mukund

that tank is not a indian t72 thats a indian t90
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 09:02 PM UTC
Mukund

Here a HUGE M1 walkaround

http://dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=2459

It's a Finnish exemplar
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 1,389 posts
Armorama: 1,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 01:21 AM UTC
Suscribing!
I have the same kit that I will be building for the cold war campaign, so I'll be following closely.
Looking good so far, keep it up.

Phil.
Leopard-2
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mukund

Here a HUGE M1 walkaround

http://dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=2459

It's a Finnish exemplar

Thank you very much! That walkaround will really come in handy.
 _GOTOTOP