Hosted by Darren Baker
Hobbyboss M4A3 (76)W
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 12:36 PM UTC
Working through a group of 1/48th wargaming Shermans at the moment. Completed this one as a test for the finish/camo. Believe it or not, through all the wargaming kit I've completed I've never done any US Shermans before, hundreds of British ones however :smt003

Anyway, pretty much OOB so no accuracy corrections, a bit of stowage, crewman to add later and as usual brush painted with GW acrylics ....

Anyway here's the first one .......

AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 12:53 PM UTC
Nice!

G
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 01:23 PM UTC
Most excellent. I have a few Shermis under my belt, but none compare to this. The tracks alone are very impressive. Couldn't imagine handling my models in the way necessary for gaming.
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 02:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Most excellent. I have a few Shermis under my belt, but none compare to this. The tracks alone are very impressive. Couldn't imagine handling my models in the way necessary for gaming.

Thnx guys, and gaming aint too dangerous Matt. It's got a couple of good coats of varnish plus a few concessions to gaming (things like the shortened aerial and modifed mount) and the most important tip of course is not to let the kids push them around
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 - 03:38 PM UTC
A Sherman ready for action! Another good looking tank from you. I like the camo and rain streaks.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012 - 08:33 PM UTC
Excellent work Brent. Where did you get the spare tracks?
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent work Brent. Where did you get the spare tracks?

Hey Pat, I have a couple of spare sets of Tamiya Sherman tracks I purchased from Track48 which I use for stowage add-ons.
DinggoElite
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 09:32 PM UTC
Superb Finish Mate! Love the 1st photo, very realistic
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 01:51 AM UTC
Brent, I've modeled and gamed with micro armor and HO, space was always a premium. How big an area do you use for 1/48. As the games got more complex I usually scaled down. Very nice build by the way. I actually got more enjoymemnt out of the modeling then the gaming.

Tom
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 08:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Brent, I've modeled and gamed with micro armor and HO, space was always a premium. How big an area do you use for 1/48. As the games got more complex I usually scaled down. Very nice build by the way. I actually got more enjoymemnt out of the modeling then the gaming.

Tom

Hey Tom,

We tend to game 1/48th as a skirmish game and use home rules to add crew skill and make individual actions/attempted actions more of the focus. We use action pts, crew stats/skills and written oreders. We play on a hexagonal table at home which is 6ft across with typically 3-4 vehicles a side. The key is to have terrain that blocks los .... we are planning a series of all tank demo games at a local convention next year which will be on a 14x8 table.

Brent

ps I enjoy the modelling more than the gaming too, the games are really just an excuse for my brother and I to get together for a few beers and a laugh ...
 _GOTOTOP