_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/16 R/C Tank experiences anyone?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 08:03 AM UTC
Howdy All,

Just recently picked up a flyer for a local chapter of a 1/15th & 1/16th scale R/C Tank Club.
They have some real estate set aside where (weather permitting) they setup and stage R/C
tank battles. They have villages, mountain passes, simulated desert terrain,etc. The
organizer told me they have a system put together by one of the members, who happens to
be an electrical engineer, where they attach sensors to strategic points on the model and 'hits'
are recorded and parts of your remote control unit are immobilized simulating real battle
damage. Sounds exciting to me, was wondering if any of you have any experience with any
of this, and your input wether pro or con :-)

Thx in advance.

Tread.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 08:15 AM UTC
The new Tamiya 1/16 kits have an optional system that fits into the tank and works much like the "Laser Tag" games of the mid-80s. Haven't played it yet, I'm going to start my Tiger during the holiday weekend. If I find there is something like that in my area, I'll get the system for my kit.
davjakva
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2002 - 04:50 AM UTC
The club you are referring to is from your description FRAG in Colorado, who has a permanent site set up. Another that is coming for the East, is EastPac. There are currently seven clubs in this network called RCACN. There is a couple of websites(RCARMORFORUM.ORG, and RCARMOR.COM). You can post questions on these two sites about anything new, or problems that you are facing and it will most likely be answered in triplicate. There is also LUNCHBUCKIT'S 1/15 and 1/16 website which has many photos. I have (15) 1/16 and 1/15 tanks, Tamiya, IMAI, and Bandai. Currently, I'm working on a Jagdtiger conversion that is about 2/3 complete in a group effort with four other people. This is resulting in an article that will be in a forthcoming RC armor magazine that is being produced, so that others can more easily go down this road.
tiger
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 07:12 AM UTC
I am part of FRAG, I own a tiger 1
TangoCharlie
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 11:25 PM UTC
Hi Tread,

I Have 14 1/16th scale RC tanks and all fully equiped with electronics, sounds, fire control, and Tamiya battle system. It's really fun figting with other guys in simulated battle fields. I'm trying to assemble an RC club in my state right know because we don't have one.

on Some of my RC models, I instaled a miniature wireless video camera over the driver area so I can see behind buildings and other areas that can be hidden from site when in battle with other guys.

The Tamiya tanks all come fully equiped with electronics, gears, turet rotation, gun elevation, gun recoil, machine gun fire, fire light and sound and correct engine sounds for each vehicle. Tamiya also offers an IR battle system(Similar to the US MILES system). the system is programbale for heavy, medium or light tank.

I have the following Tamiya tanks which I also twiked myself: Tiger I, King Tiger, Pershing, 2 Shermans, Leopard I, Gepard, & Cublewagon. And I also have 2 Murai M1A2, Leopard2 and I'm making my own RC T-55A and a Bradley. And I just placed an order for Tamiya's Leopard 2A5.

It's very exitting and fun game, you should go to that club and check out the game.

Best.

T. Chouman
mobilewagon
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:46 AM UTC
i am waiting on that new leopard....i own a pershing,tiger 1 i am ready!!choco
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 489 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:33 PM UTC
I have an older version Tamiya King Tiger R/C 1/16th. I got it about six months before teh new Tiger I came out. The new drive and all the great effects.... if I had only known I would have waited. My wife suprised me by ordering the KT and putting a down payment on it. Gotta love her for that.

I really wish it had the new drive, that is really the only fault I can complain about. I looked into trying to refit my KT, but ,through my connections the cost was prohibitive. I might as well buy the Tiger I or the Sherman ( I think they have a new R/C Sherman). Due to the money, I will keep going with what I have.

I don't know about the rest of you but I sure do use up batteries!
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
Armorama: 277 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 02:07 PM UTC
umm how bout a website link to theses clubs please.. I've thought bout getting back into R/C stuff mainly tanks hehehe

but please a couple links to theses clubs would be groovy

thank ya

Chris
mobilewagon
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:07 PM UTC
are they any tankers in houston texas?mobile
 _GOTOTOP