_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
On Display : "HOLLAND" by Ronald Kok
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 02:34 AM UTC
Friends,

Follow the link below and you'll get to the latest On Display..... A beautiful diorama by Ronald Kok.

The diorama is called "HOLLAND" and depics a beautiful bridge scene. The scene is a scale build from an actual scene located near a town called Voorburg in The Netherlands. Awesome detailing and splendid painting make this a wonderful diorama.

This diorama is fully scratchbuilt !!!

Enjoy !!

"HOLLAND"
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 02:56 AM UTC
This is a real gold-medal winner if I ever saw one. I've often looked at these bridges (which seem to be peculiar to Belgium and Holland) and wondered about trying something similar. Looking at Ronald's work (yet again :-) ) I don't think I could come up to his standard. The bridge alone would deserve an article. In a word, stunning! Jim
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 02:58 AM UTC
Take a look at this and realize the overall size of this - this is truely amazing. Great scratch building.

Wonderful work!
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 03:02 AM UTC
well Jim,

Ronald added some words to the pictures on how he did the bridge.... I think I will add those comments to the article. This might stimulate users to attempt such a thing. Ronald made the bridge 12 years ago, at a time he thought his skills where not good enough to attempt it.... well look what came out of it..... Never underestimate your own capabilities.
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 484 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 09:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

well Jim,

Ronald added some words to the pictures on how he did the bridge.... I think I will add those comments to the article. This might stimulate users to attempt such a thing. Ronald made the bridge 12 years ago, at a time he thought his skills where not good enough to attempt it.... well look what came out of it..... Never underestimate your own capabilities.

Hi,

First thank you all for the comments on this diorama, and its have won some gold medals in competition, but thats not importand for me I build only for my own pleasure and not compotitions :-)

I`m alway`s happy to share my models with other modellers to discus the subject and share techniks.

And its as Danny said "Never underestimate your own capabilities" take youre time and some patiend and you can also produced things that you never thought you cando it.

Sorry for my bad English

Ronald
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 11:51 AM UTC
This is great...i'm giving up on models and gonna help my wife with her scrapbooking.

kglack
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 07:41 PM UTC
Wonderful detail... I especially like the bolts on the bridge girders, and the excellent sidewalk and drain. Wonderful work... would like to see larger pictures for more detail... will you be sharing this in an article that discusses some of your techniques?
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wonderful detail... I especially like the bolts on the bridge girders, and the excellent sidewalk and drain. Wonderful work... would like to see larger pictures for more detail... will you be sharing this in an article that discusses some of your techniques?

Hi, The article is on the way i believe? when I send the pictures to Danny they are bigger alround the 600 pix widht, I doint know the reason why they are smaller now?

If you want to know something special you can alway`s ask me.

Ron
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 09:27 PM UTC
I think I saw it before on the web. That bridge is superb. All those rivets, nuts & bolts !
Background doesn't really look Dutch though : shouldn't it be all flat ?
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 10:19 PM UTC
I edited the Article and added the larger pictures.

There will be a separate article about this on the Dutch Language Site soon. In this article the text, that came with the original article, will be added.

Translation into English will be done, but I'm not able to do that on short notice.

I'll keep you posted.
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 11:44 PM UTC
Thanks danny for putting the big pictures online
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 12:09 AM UTC
The article is now On-Line on the Dutch Language Site too....

"HOLLAND"
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 12:26 AM UTC
For those like myself who don't have the talent or the time to build something like Ronald's bridge, take a look at Firestorm miniatures in Australia. To get there, go to the PMMS website and on the front page there is a link to Firestorm models. It's an excellent site for reviews and the latest news. The link is:
http://pmms.webace.com.au Jim
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:52 AM UTC
What can you say about that,superb work,Its helped me make up my mind Im taking up golf. :-)
 _GOTOTOP