Malaysian IFV in SFOR, IFOR or KFOR?
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 03:22 AM UTC
Hi all,

I am after a little help on the exact paint scheme for the above mentioned vehicle. I have looked through the first 150 pages of the malaysian military photos on Militaryphotos.net and I can find picture of one which apears to be in black? Mafrked up with SFOR markings but |I have also seen pics that seem to be in a Natoi style green/black camo pattern marked as IFOR. The kit which is for the KIFV shows that in fact the UN paint scheme is really a Malaysian one! So you can see the confusion...

Any idea would be gratefully recevived!! Especially any pics showing the exact camo scheme!

Paul
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 06:46 AM UTC
The KIFVs with UNPROFOR were white. The same vehicles remained with IFOR and SFOR in Bosnia and were simply repainted over the white with a colour similar to NATO green.

I've never seen a black one...maybe it is just the look of the image? Post a link or an image if you can.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 07:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've never seen a black one...maybe it is just the look of the image? Post a link or an image if you can.

I guess this one could be the one Paul is talking about...

HTH

Frenchy
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 12:03 PM UTC
During IFOR I am fairly certain they were a single colour green. During SFOR they may have been additional paint added on. This image looks like a base of NATO green and then a second colour of black or a blackish green added on the frontal portion....but not overall black.

hofpig
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 07:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I guess this one could be the one Paul is talking about...

HTH

Frenchy

Hi Frenchy thats the pic. But if it's Nato green ish then thats what I will go with!

Paul
hofpig
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 08:05 PM UTC
Well I also found these pics:

Now they definatly look black to me but the pics are a little fuzzy. What do you guy's think??

Paul
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 09:14 PM UTC
Look dark green to me, I have other pics in books and a few sent by a guy that was there and they are all dark green.

Cheers,

Christophe
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 09:53 PM UTC
Dear Paul, having met these troops in BiH during the war as a ECMM member regularly I can only remember their AIFᷰs having a very similar to olive drab appereance. But due to the very low quality of the road system these vehicles had to use many field roads as well, thus loaded with dust!
Also I can remember that there were different shades of colour due to fading and age. (As was the case with many vehicles from all troops there.)
hofpig
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 12:08 AM UTC
Yeah Ok you guy's are right it does look more like very dark green, but I'm not sure on O/D I'll just have to look out for a very dark green to use for the base coat!

Thanks very much for the replies though.

Paul
hofpig
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:07 AM UTC
I just knocked together a quick comparison of the different colours.

I just laid down a quick undercoat, grey on the left and black on the right. The top two blocks being Olive drab (Tamiya TS-5) the bottom two being Nato Green (again Tamiya Ts-61).

I think the Nato Green coat over the black undercoat looks alright but then the O/D over the black looks OK to!! Anybody care to comment on what they think??

Paul
 _GOTOTOP