_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Diorama photo's to share
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 11:26 AM UTC
Hi guy's. I went to the IPMS-AMPS East Show last weekend. It's been a few years sine my last show and it really was great to be within the company of some talented modelers, once again. Anyhow, I was finally able to borrow my friends digital camera and I took some pic's of my diorama, "Battlefront: Dec.19,1944" to share with you guy's.
The diorama took a silver in the Intermediate Class. However, we all know the real reward is in the satisfaction and joy we get from building our military miniatures. Just click on the link below to photobucket .
http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/screamingeagle_2009/Military%20Scale%20Modeling/

Cheers
- ralph
Vonflak
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 04:25 PM UTC
Nice work Ralph. That's a lot of figures to commit to.

I like the crewman's googles. I did a set a while back with wire then filled in with thick acrylic medium. They didn't look as good as yours though. How did you make them?

The medics helmet looks good too.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 05:59 PM UTC
Congratulations for the medal Ralph

Looks overall very interesting hence the silver medal.

Two observations IMO, your dio screams for another layout.
A bit to much empty spaces and a chapel (small church) who would sit very well alone, not neighbor to a house.
The painting of the house looks more like a camouflage job then a facade painting, so i think this was a bit overdone.

Next time i would also raise the side walls of your dio presentation up to the ground level to hide everything beneath your visible ground.

Hope you don't mind some critic as you did not ask for them
:-)

Claude
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 03:49 PM UTC
Hi Bryan. Thank you for your compliments.
The goggles for so simple. All's I did was paint the lenses with flat black paint and after it dried I went over them with 3 coats of "Future", letting it dry between coats.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 03:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Congratulations for the medal Ralph

Looks overall very interesting hence the silver medal.

Two observations IMO, your dio screams for another layout.
A bit to much empty spaces and a chapel (small church) who would sit very well alone, not neighbor to a house.
The painting of the house looks more like a camouflage job then a facade painting, so i think this was a bit overdone.

Next time i would also raise the side walls of your dio presentation up to the ground level to hide everything beneath your visible ground.

Hope you don't mind some critic as you did not ask for them
:-)

Claude

Hi Claude. No, I don't mind the criticism. I think it's very good advice and I really appreciate your honesty - Thank You.
 _GOTOTOP