_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Egyptian SAM-6/ Trumpeter 1/35 kit# 00361
frogman_13
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 05:31 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Here is the "Trumpeter" SAM-6 launcher, kit# 00361 in Egyptian army markings and paint scheme. I changed out the missiles with aftermarket ones because the kit rockets were very narrow compared to a true "Warshot". They just didn't look right to me so along came a Hungarian company to the rescue: HAD Models makes these and they are really good. The service from these fellows is really great and my Thanks to them for their help with my project. As a bonus, the replacement rockets also come with all the stenciling decals for each missile body.

These vehicles were in the Egyptian 3rd army which crossed the Suez canal in the first days of the Yom Kippur War which started on October 6th, 1973. The SAM missiles together with the ZSU-23s created an air defence "umbrella" around the vanguard of the Egyptian armored forces preventing the Israeli Air Force from providing close air support. This situation was finally overcome when the Israelis overran the Egyptian positions with ground troops. Hope you enjoy my effort on this one.

Ed Okun/ Frogman13
sabre1866
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 06:37 AM UTC
That looks great Ed.

Those HAD rockets really look the part, I got me a set of those a few months ago,
seeing yours shows how they should be portrayed.

I hope Juge and Freni see your work, masterpiece.

Love it Rog.
frogman_13
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 07:41 AM UTC
Thanks Roger,

I appreciate your kind words and enthusiatic praise for my model. I plan to post a few more threads on the subject of the Arab vehicles that fought in the 1973 Yom Kippur War in the next few weeks. Look in the other, "Armor/AFV" forum for some of my Israeli vehicles as they will appear over there very soon.

Best Regards,
Ed Okun/ Frogman_13
 _GOTOTOP