Hosted by Darren Baker
wet dream..
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 05:26 AM UTC
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed here but I think (one of ) my wet dream(s) will come true:
http://wwiimodeller.co.nz/tag/hobby-fan-hf072-135-larc-v-lighter-amphibious-resupply-cargo-5-ton/

a LARC-V in 1/35...... you just gotta love this one!

Mark
aussiemodeler
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 09:52 AM UTC
oh wow i don't know much about these things.but i know that australia used them. can't wait to hear more about them specially if its the same unit. i1d buy one if it was the same unit.
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:03 AM UTC
Fun!
hobgrot
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:49 AM UTC
Nice !! pity it will be a resin kit. This is the same version as used by many armies -- US Army, US Navy, Oz Army, Argentine etc. There are many different colour-schemes from overall natural aluminium, silver, white, red, OD or Gulf-war desert-yellow to various brown cams plus a few with civil Police markings and even a couple with toothy smiles !!

Would make a great diorama as I saw in the 1970's at my local yacht club -- bunch of Army sailors training so us yachties had to beware of their movements. One LARC coming ashore in the channel at low-tide & getting bogged in the klag of the well-known (to us) mudbank ..... second LARC coming to it's rescue also getting stuck !! After 2 hours, one managed to free itself but the other had to wait over-night for a wrecker to come & drag it to the shore Good entertainment !
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 03:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice !! pity it will be a resin kit. This is the same version as used by many armies -- US Army, US Navy, Oz Army, Argentine etc. There are many different colour-schemes from overall natural aluminium, silver, white, red, OD or Gulf-war desert-yellow to various brown cams plus a few with civil Police markings and even a couple with toothy smiles !!

Would make a great diorama as I saw in the 1970's at my local yacht club -- bunch of Army sailors training so us yachties had to beware of their movements. One LARC coming ashore in the channel at low-tide & getting bogged in the klag of the well-known (to us) mudbank ..... second LARC coming to it's rescue also getting stuck !! After 2 hours, one managed to free itself but the other had to wait over-night for a wrecker to come & drag it to the shore Good entertainment !

AFV were provided with many good colour schemes including Australian Sharkmouthed Hi Vis Antartic LARC's and 3 tone Cammed. Additionally many colourful international examples were also supplied. Will be interesting to see what it comes with when the sample arrives. I was under the impression at the time they requested information that this would be a Plastic Kit.
Al
highway70
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 05:22 PM UTC
I saw several of them on the road in front of my Battalion HQ at Cam Rahn Bay in 1969 or 70.
 _GOTOTOP