_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Large Scale
Dioramas with large scale (1/16 plus) subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
The Last Waltz
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:01 AM UTC
You know that guy with the cluttered work bench? And who hasn't seen th wood on top of his desk since he was ten?

But still manages to dig himself deeper and deeper into the modeling abyss with kit after kit?

That guy is me. I'M NOT A HOARDER! Just, a compulsive buyer.

Anyways, I've been thinking of a late war diorama for a while. This will either portray the Konrad operations to relieve Budapest, or Operation Spring Awakening. Either way, it's in Hungary, and it's snowy & muddy.

I got 2 Panthers, 1 zimmerit kit to try out, & a Stug:

The Stug has been started in the Stug Brigade Build.

And one Panther is done but needs touching up:

And I got some figures:

I chose the name "The Last Waltz" because the diorama's about the last hurrah of the Germans, and because I like The Band
There you have it. I've got high hopes for this one, and I'm hoping things work out.

-Conor
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 02:54 PM UTC
Three figures done. They've actually been done since June, but whatevs.

I think he's a hauptmann or something:

Looks like he needs a bit more work now that I see the pictures...

Okay they ALL need a bit of cleaning up & detailing. I gotta not take pictures of them. Flaws show up whenever I do...

-Conor
Ironmike
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 03:20 PM UTC
Nice effort thus far. I'd ditch the brush from the road wheels as it is the stuff from the 1960's railroad brush and is not realistic (I have used a few small clumps near weathered fences and such but only really small pieces). I'd use available straw or grass packets and snip them short and mix them with your ground work and then glue them to the road wheels. More realistic and if you have been around tanks in the field you will know of what I write.
Nice cammo paint but the metal paint on the guy with the MP44 needs toning down big time. I like the work on the mess kit and pouches.
Keep on going, buddy
Ironmike
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 04:10 PM UTC
Very nice stuff all 'round. Especially the Panther G from Die Erzahlungdes Schwarzen Ritters. Very clean and fun kit; was also my first kit when I started modeling again last year. Eager to see the completed diorama.
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 11:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice effort thus far. I'd ditch the brush from the road wheels as it is the stuff from the 1960's railroad brush and is not realistic (I have used a few small clumps near weathered fences and such but only really small pieces). I'd use available straw or grass packets and snip them short and mix them with your ground work and then glue them to the road wheels. More realistic and if you have been around tanks in the field you will know of what I write.
Nice cammo paint but the metal paint on the guy with the MP44 needs toning down big time. I like the work on the mess kit and pouches.
Keep on going, buddy
Ironmike

You're right the grass looks really out of place. I'll work on that. & yeah I tried a mix of silver and black the MP44, and well, you can see how that looks hahaha

-Conor
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 11:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice stuff all 'round. Especially the Panther G from Die Erzahlungdes Schwarzen Ritters. Very clean and fun kit; was also my first kit when I started modeling again last year. Eager to see the completed diorama.

Oh yeah, I loved those kits. Panthers (at least so far) are pretty easy

-Conor
 _GOTOTOP