_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
The end is near
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 12:52 PM UTC
A 1/35 diorama from Mini art showing an anti tank gun in action.

[IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img844/7261/sdc11388d.jpg][/IMG]

Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 01:07 PM UTC
Very nice!

-Joe
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 02:27 PM UTC
Hey Jerry, You seem to be well on your way to being a good story teller. A dio that has no story tends to be unfinished, no focal point, rambling on. So far, your stories are there to see without an explenation. Your figures react to each other and that is a nessesity in dios as well as real life. That makes a good dio, no script needed. A few suggestions though. Some more stone debri from the building would enhance the picture better. When a building comes down, alot of big piles of debri are the usual, unless being in a city and they have cleared it up so movement is possable. Also, some type of vegitation growing here and there would go a long way to bring it into reality. Look at any area where a building has come down and you will see weeds and wild flowers growing. If you look at the side walk areas around you, notice that weeds grow in the cracks and any place where the sun shines. There is always the exception though. Just take your camera with you on a walk one day and snap a few referance photos. The last is the trooper carrying the ammo box. Aint going to happen that way. I would venture to say that maybe a proffesional weight lifter might, but not your average man. Face it the other way around and even it weight wise to keep it centered. One way to judge if you have a figure right is to hold the position yourself. But remember that a box of anti-tank ammo will be heavy and centering the load is nessisary to carry it like that. Just a few pointers that hopefully will help your future stories come out better. Your on your way, but a few tweaks here or there would make it even better.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 03:50 AM UTC
You've done a descent job on your MiniArt building. They can be tricky sometimes getting the 45* corners, and I know many modelers give up in disgust, and hate them! (BTW: I used asterisk in place of degree symbol as my keyboard lacks degrees. Not an error! )
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 02:05 PM UTC
Joe

Thanks for taking the time to look and the positive comments.

Cheers

Gerry
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 02:07 PM UTC
Bob

Thanks for taking the time to look and the pointers you gave.

These are appreciated and little things I had overlooked or not thought about especially the guy carrying the box.

Cheers

Gerry
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 02:10 PM UTC
Biggles2

Thanks for taking the time to look and the positive comment. You are right about the mini art buildings they are a nightmare to get right and take bit of time to do.

Although I have to say that once they have been built and painted they are the business.

Cheers

Gerry

_GOTOTOP