_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Cromwell Models Germany - Where to Buy??
MilanX3
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 11:13 AM UTC
Good Day,

I was looking for some older kits from Cromwell Models Germany from the United Fun shop, but he didnt have it in stock. I was wondering if anyone knew who carries the Cromwell Models Germany line besides United Fun? This should not be confused with the Cromwell Models from Scotland, Cromwell Models Germany has its own product line.

I had found some other exclusive United Fun lines in other shops, but not CMG...Can you help?

Thanks,
Rich
MilanX3
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 08:01 PM UTC
Cheers Marcel,

Yes, on the United Fun page it does give the details, but for other such arrangements that seem to be exclusive lent themselves to be sold by other shops that maybe had difficult access for UF in some parts of the world. I was wondering if anyone knew if Cromwell Germany had this occur as well.

Indeed the Cromwell Germany line is exclusive, and there has been some exchange where UF kits and Ostmodel is now in the Cromwell catalogue. UF mentions 99% in stock, so I am hoping the kit I seek will be made available soon, or can be found somewhere else.

Anyone have any Cromwell Germany kits?

Cheers,
Rich

Quoted Text

I'm afraid there no other option, this is mentioned on the United Fun page:

In the range of United Fun you will find a special branch of models that are exclusively produced for United Fun. These models are made under the label of Cromwell Models Germany.

These models seem to be produced by Cromwell Models Scotland but only sold via United Fun Germany not the other way around.

The models are not mentioned on the Cromwell Models price list at all but there are a few remarks that Cromwell also sells some of United Fun's models under his own label.

Gr,
Marcel

Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 12:34 AM UTC
Not sure what particular kit you are seeking. Tracks & Troops EU seems to carry quite a few of the Cromwell 1/72nd scale line of kits. HTH
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hi Rich,

I have good connections with United Fun shop. Cromwell Models were exclusivly made and cast for United Fun. Some masters came from Cromwell models from Scotland, others were crafted in Germany.Unfortunatly, the owner of United Fun, Andreas Richter suffered this year a stroke. He is slowly recovering, but it is uncertain how he is continuing his business. The only hint I can give is to frequently check the United Fun homepage.

Hans-Hermann
MilanX3
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 06:12 AM UTC
Good Day Hans,

Thank you for your comment. I have known about Andreas' health problems and have wished him well. I was aware of some of the models and the arrangement with United Fun. Do you mind if I contact you privately about the kit I am seeking, maybe you have some suggestions on how to obtain it?...from Andreas or some people you may know who has the kit in their collection.

Danke!
Rich

Quoted Text

Hi Rich,

I have good connections with United Fun shop. Cromwell Models were exclusivly made and cast for United Fun. Some masters came from Cromwell models from Scotland, others were crafted in Germany.Unfortunatly, the owner of United Fun, Andreas Richter suffered this year a stroke. He is slowly recovering, but it is uncertain how he is continuing his business. The only hint I can give is to frequently check the United Fun homepage.

Hans-Hermann

MilanX3
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 06:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure what particular kit you are seeking. Tracks & Troops EU seems to carry quite a few of the Cromwell 1/72nd scale line of kits. HTH

Yes, I am glad T$T have many Cromwell kits, but I am seeking kits from the Cromwell Germany line, which seem to be only sold in Germany.
 _GOTOTOP