_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Russian TOS-1A Conversion by TBS Models
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 04:37 AM UTC
Following their release of Czech T-72M4CZ Conversion for Tamiya T-72,
TBS Models continued the Tamiya T-72 conversion line-up with a new resin/PE conversion of the Russian TOS-1A Buratino (24 Barrels version)
The conversion allows posable possible for firing mode or transport mode.
In addition, starting from this conversion, pressure casting is used such that air bubbles is minimal =)
Here is some pictures
TOS-1A封面
DSC06976副本
DSC06966副本
DSC06957副本
DSC06956副本
DSC06990副本
DSC06998副本
DSC07003副本
DSC06924副本
DSC07060副本

Order now are made by eBay or Paypal only
you can contact http://myworld.ebay.ca/tbsmodel/ for more detail =)
Next conversion will follows by the end of November, also a modern Russian conversion based on Tamiya's T-72 chassis
but He requested not to release any info yet so...
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 06:45 AM UTC
Not bad but TBS missed some details on the front part.
With good pictures, it should be easy to fix these omissions.
And I'm not convinced by the PE skirts too.

The problem with the Tamiya kit is the type of wheels. Most of the current T-72s have the 6 spoke wheels and not the 8 spoke ones of the Tamiya model.

Thanks for sharing the info.
Olivier
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 07:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not bad but TBS missed some details on the front part.

Agree, but when he made the master and mold some newer pictures from Arm show wasn't available yet in Russian forums

Quoted Text

And I'm not convinced by the PE skirts too.

Ah I missed this point, indeed the side skirt sits too high:(

Quoted Text

the current T-72s have the 6 spoke wheels and not the 8 spoke ones of the Tamiya model.

Agree, I will talk with him to see if he will included wheel set or it will be separate (i think he do have wheel set separately before...)

apart from some details missing/wrong, the conversion is much better than what I have from his early conversions (resin quality wise )
Santa_Cruz
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 07:19 AM UTC
Oh! Looks very good!
But TOS-1A called "Solntsepiok"
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 07:30 AM UTC
GREAT NEWS Im going too have to go back to work just so i can purchase there kits You can use either the 6 or 8 spoke road wheels on the TOS-1! I have Pics, in my library
showing it with a mixture of both.
Looking Forward on this one
talib
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hello!
two weeks ago recieved TOS-1A from TBS.
Just few pics for you
When I asked for good quality resin parts, producer wrote, that he can send relacement of main parts (i still recieved nothing from him) or I can return model to him with money refund minus shipping costs.
Beware!

more pics in my blog

http://talibmodels.livejournal.com/31866.html
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:37 PM UTC
That looks to be a poor casting, especially for resin. I think I will pass, on this one.
pattesmaq
Visit this Community
Haute-Alpes, France
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:56 PM UTC
hello
it's a good new!!!
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 01:24 AM UTC
Just get the SP Designs kit. It looks a lot better than this one. My friend is currently working on it and it hasn't taken a lot of work to make it look nice.

Erik
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 01:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello!
two weeks ago recieved TOS-1A from TBS.
Just few pics for you
When I asked for good quality resin parts, producer wrote, that he can send relacement of main parts (i still recieved nothing from him) or I can return model to him with money refund minus shipping costs.
Beware!

Thnkas for the warning and the pictures, they speak for themselves
Olivier
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 01:44 AM UTC
We are waiting for TOS-1 in a series of T-72/90 from Meng model?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 08:16 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;
Thats very Dissapointing. I myself was looking forward too purchasing this kit. From the first reports it looked like a great kit, and the photos were very nice.
Ill have too re-think about the other conversions made by this new company. I purchased the first version of this tank
made by SP Design, it was o.k. but not great. Lets hope they get this Problem worked out

CHEERS; MIKE.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:32 AM UTC
Thanks for the warning!

Andreas
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 01:21 PM UTC
Hey Mike, is this what you bought when you got your TOS-1?

Sergej has made several improvements to it over the years. He is currently working on a Tamiya based one.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 01:47 PM UTC
looking at the pictures I am reminded of the old joke about the talking dog

Guy says "Describe sandpaper"
Dog saz "Ruff"
Guy says, "Best baseball player ever?"
Dog says, "Roof"

They both get thrown out of the bar, dog turns to guy and says, "I should have said Dimaggio?"

Going to pass on this one and wait for Trumpeter..

My US$0.02
your mileage may vary

I mean the orig pics in the thread, not the newer SP Designs ones.
Mike
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 04:55 PM UTC
Hi Everybody;
The Tos-1 was one of the coolest looking MLRS that id seen, and i thought it was a very smart idea that the Soviets just developed it along side an existing vehicle.
Yes JD the kit was from SPD, when it arrived in my mail it was packaged in a sturdy box, But apon opening it, too my sad discovery The kit was Broken in several places & was Badly Warped. On a Good note ive purchased several other items from them and they were o.k. !
HAPPY MODELING; MIKE.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 05:50 PM UTC
Hiya Mike...and Mike.

I meant did you buy the kit as depicted in my photo? Earlier versions did not have as many parts, had less detailed parts, or were not as well molded. Just wondering.

My build from the original (oldest) version of this conversion from several years ago:

Quoted Text

Hi Everybody;
The Tos-1 was one of the coolest looking MLRS that id seen, and i thought it was a very smart idea that the Soviets just developed it along side an existing vehicle.
Yes JD the kit was from SPD, when it arrived in my mail it was packaged in a sturdy box, But apon opening it, too my sad discovery The kit was Broken in several places & was Badly Warped. On a Good note ive purchased several other items from them and they were o.k. !
HAPPY MODELING; MIKE.

tbsmodel
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 06:05 PM UTC
Well, since you put it here then let's talk about it.
You said "producer wrote, that he can send relacement of main parts (i still recieved nothing from him) or I can return model to him with money refund minus shipping costs."
1. Why don't you mention that you ask for another full resin kit instead of replacement for the major parts?
On January 24th you contact me because of the quality issue, I requested that you send the photos to me and promised you I can send you major parts again for replacement and send the photos of them to you before I ship them out. I agreed to send you all part on your photos which you think not in good quality to you again for free, but what you ask is even more after that.

Here is the quote for you original reply:"But practically all parts in kit is such bad quality. It will be good, if you send me all new resin parts without photoetched parts.- tosik83"

Here's what I replied to you:"Hi, I think it's not fair to me if I send you another full resin kit just because some parts of them are not in acceptable quality. "
"So I can only accept that I send you the new parts for replacement instead of the full kit. Otherwise I would prefer it to be returned."
And after that till now you just ignore my reply and did not contact me any more. You did not tell me which way you would like to choose and how can you say you still recieved nothing from me?

2. I would never ask my customer to pay for the returning shipment if that's my fault. But you have to tell me you'd like to do that.

Finally, here are the photos of the new parts. If you tell me you want the replacement that day they should already on their way to you. If you still want to solve the problem then please contact me immediately. I've been waiting for you since our last conversation. Please let me know either you want the replacement here or return the item, I would pay for the shipment to you.

grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 06:36 PM UTC
Hi TBS;
Its very Nice of you too reply too this Problem, from the pictures it looks like a Better Casting. Im sure He will be Satified by your offer ! Im Happy that you seem to offer Quality Customer Support for your product. from a Personal Stand-Point i think we would all like too see More Pictures of your Product Line.
Hi JD; Yes this was the same kit that you Built & Posted a number of Years Ago, I Purchased my kit, rite after seeing yours. CHEERS; MIKE.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 06:07 AM UTC
Mike, if you have the old kit you are totally missing out. I have one set aside to build ASAP before Sergej's Tamiya version comes out. He took a LOT of the notes I used on my build to improve the castings and included the front glacis. Night and day difference.

Quoted Text

Hi JD; Yes this was the same kit that you Built & Posted a number of Years Ago, I Purchased my kit, rite after seeing yours. CHEERS; MIKE.

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 06:12 AM UTC
TBSMODEL,

Nice to see you here. I hope this thread can be beneficial to all of us.

I have a question: Why are you producing the Missile Box in top and bottom pieces? That seam looks wicked nasty...
tbsmodel
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 12:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

TBSMODEL,

Nice to see you here. I hope this thread can be beneficial to all of us.

I have a question: Why are you producing the Missile Box in top and bottom pieces? That seam looks wicked nasty...

That's because it's much more easier to fill the gaps on the surface rather than on the corner, think about it. If you guys want a better looking kit rather than a easy-build kit, next time if there is something like that I would mold them in four pieces.
 _GOTOTOP