_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
who here just makes dios
tazz3
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 07:31 AM UTC
I started to build tanks agian. after a few years, i just made like 2 and now iam working, on my frist dio. its a flank bunker, and it hold the flank 38 2 cm. i find makeing dios really cool. its a lilttle better then just makeing models
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 08:57 AM UTC
I have a stack of kits to build and every time I decide Im gonna get through a few of them, I end up building a model and then going out and buying something to go along with it just to make a dio of it. I actually have as much fun building the dio as I do the models. But I try not to buy anything for dio building......... everything can be found laying around and with a little imagination it can really make an average model stand out.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 09:17 AM UTC
Almost every single model I build is conceptualized within a Dio. Sometimes small, sometimes large, but almost always a Dio.

Tread.

P.S. In fact the Steyr I'm building now (thanks to 210 Cav), is being slowly transformed into a Hi-cab, control & command truck. To be included in a ' withdrawing from the Ardennes' Dio.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 01:04 AM UTC
I build lots of armor and figures... but always for the purpose of putting it into a diorama. I feel that with rare exception, a model on a base is just bland... without some form of supporting background to indicate scale and manner of use, we are not really protraying the real item. Of course, I often come up with the concept of a diorama, then look for armor and figures to populate it... To me, the Diorama is the most advanced form of modeling in our particular niche of the hobby.
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 05:21 AM UTC
In the days of my boyhood I was only interested in aircraft. I couldnīt even think about touching anything that didnīt fly.
Now, my main interest is clearly diorama-kind of way of modeling. I donīt care about too much the minor errors or historical inaccuracies a model may have straight-from-the-box, the thing for me is doing new stuff every time. Just to try it all out and see what happens then.
Figures are the thing for me too make it alive, the hardware and surrounding environment are mainly parts of the set design and props...Iīm not taking it too seriously. (Not at least too seriously for ME )
Iīm also sure about the fact that after a few more dios, I will be thinking very differently about a bunch of things...

I love being a newbie! There are more unopened doors than open ones. And I know all of you guys (and the Lady) will help me pick those locks!

Toni
 _GOTOTOP