_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1st post and with a bit of a tasca jumbo prob
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 - 11:21 PM UTC
parts J13/14 attach to the lower hull, forward. in dry fitting the final drive housing to the hull I found there was a gap at the glasis, courtesy of the aforementioned j13. on removing it, the final drive fit as it should, so I'm guessing 13/14 aren't necessary? the diagram shows 13 to be fitted, but the text below it indicates 14, which makes things a bit ambiguous. one concern is that the overall hull length will be too short for the tracks, altho that can be dealt with. had a looksee thru another tasca E2 thread but there was no mention of this. thx
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 12:38 AM UTC
Hi Trackpin...I took a look at both 13 and 14 and I think it's the same piece only one has the bolts and the other doesn't ..You might use 14 if you are doing a dio of mechanics removing the Transmission cover I guess..

Rick
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 01:20 AM UTC
yeah, the thing about the 2 is 14, and it's not like either part can be seen anyway, seems just the merest shade shorter in length. nothing's glued yet, except the lower hull. something I noticed in the other E2 thread, the drive housing appears to be attached to the facing edge of the lower hull, but in dry fitting mine, the bolt holes fit on the inside of the hull. it seems most likely that the housing edge fit on the inside of the hull front edge . I'll find out tonight how 14'll work out. just hope that on the inside won't make for a shorter jumbo, which it won't be anymore

gotta say, this is one helluva kit, and my first working up of a tasca. very nicely detailed ootb and prolly the only thing I'll change is the gun, replacing it with something am. it'sa far cry from what tamiya had
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 07:59 PM UTC
got it largely finishes, just a few fiddly its to add, tools and the like and a bit of light weathering. for those intending on working up an E2, use part j14 for the final drive housing and lower hull . the sides of the housing are meant to fit on the inside of the hull. j14 fits in the slots of the housing sides j4 so the bolt detail faces down, this isn't exactly specified in the instructions, if you intend an E2 that's not damaged or being worked on in a dio by mechanics. the blood tax paid off too. dropped only a few parts but none were lost
 _GOTOTOP