_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Irish Army Scorpion CVRT Diorama 1/35
squad55
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 08:05 AM UTC
Hello All,

Just a few pics of an Irish Army Scorpion CVRT 1/35 Diorama that Ive been working on for a while,

Kit is the AFV Club Version, with the addition of the 0.5 HMG in the AA role which was a common sight on every Fourth Scorpion Vehicle per Troop in the 80's nowadays its the GPMG fitted on all versions, the figures are a mix and match from the spares box.

The Vehicle is weathered with a mix of Mig Pigments and a Paint mud and grass mix, a dark wash was applied to the engine covers before weathering and smaller details drybrushed metalic colours.

Ive provided some additional reference material which I based this vehicle on so enjoy! Apologies now some of these are not of great quality

Alan

Again guys enjoy and thanks for taking the time to review

al.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 09:13 AM UTC
Nice looking diorama, really like the water effect.

Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 11:44 PM UTC
Its brilliant to see a good Defense Forces dio- thanks for posting it.
squad55
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 - 06:44 AM UTC
Thanks Karl, cheers Kevin,

have to say really enjoyed the project, there was a point where I wasnt sure about the diorama, but i kept at it and it paid off, reference material was invaluable.

The Irish Subject takes a little bit of extra work but the end results that ive seen from other modelers out there really make it a challenging and worthwhile subject.

Alan.

zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 - 07:51 AM UTC
Howdy Alan,

Good to see that your still playing with water. Adds some movement (or at least the illusion of it) to the display and the model. Very cool to see another piece of equipment from the Irish Defence Forces as well. Not that frequent on the forums. The .50 cal relly makes this Scorpion stand out.

One small thing: you might want to drill out the end of the .50 cal barrel.

Cheers,
/E
squad55
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 - 09:57 AM UTC
Well Eric, hope your keepin well mate! thanks for the kind words, yeah still playing with water features, was happy enough with the end result, used Humbrol 145 for the blue water colour, several coats of humbrol glaze and future floor polish with matt white to compliment the wave crest generated by the scorpion entering the water, much the same technique I used for the Irish Air Corps Dauphin Diorama.

I had a go at drilling out the barrel on the .50 cal HMG, its probably not noticed with the quality of the pictures, I didnt go to mad on it as was fearful id snap the barrel when drilling. But I may have another look at it.

Ye id like to see more Irish Armour subjects on the forum, Ill keep at it and see if I can spark a return to the subject

al.

_GOTOTOP