_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
RMG : Who is Missing in Action ?
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC

Vrienden,

Ik heb de afgelopen week (de eerste week van de RMG Campaign) aandachtig alle topics gevolgd aangaande iedereens ideeën.... Schitterende dingen kwamen daar naar voren. Ik wil diegene die hun idee en/of voortgang met ons hebben gedeeld complimenteren over het onderzoek dat ze hebben gedaan en het idee dat daaruit is voorgekomen. Veel mensen hebben zich echt in de materie verdiept en daar is het toch allemaal om te doen.

Naast alle prachtige plannen die we hebben gezien, hebben we ook van sommige inschrijvers tot opheden nog niets gehoord. Da's helemaal geen probleem omdat de Campaign nog een paar maanden duurt. We zijn pas begonnen .

Van onderstaande mensen heb ik nog geen idee wat hun status is.......

Roadkill
Venom
Jimbrae
JRNelson
Golikell
PenPen
MadMeex
Slodder
Wezz
ViolentG
GeneralFailure
Touchdown
PLMP110
DaveCox
Minuteman
bennie
Savage
Envar
greatbrit
APbullet
Ralf
Kancali
lestweforget
herberta
Terminator

Ik ben benieuwd naar wie er nog niet begonnen is, wie nog geen idee heeft, wie er toch heeft besloten om niet mee te doen aan de Campaign, of van wie ik de topics over het hoofd heb gezien....

Wie is er Missing in Action ? Vermiste eenheden, geef alstublief uw status door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,

Last week (the first week of the RMG Campaign) I have been reading all RMG Topics, on everybodys ideas, with great interest. I read wonderful things in these topics. I'd like to give a big compliment, to those who shared their ideas en/or progress with us, on their research and the ideas they came up with. A lot of people really dug into the history of Operation Market Garden, and that's what it was all about.

Beside all the wonderful plans we have seen, we also haven't heard from a number of participants until now. That's really not a problem since the Campaign will run for of couple of months..... hey we only just started

I don't have a clue on the status from the people that are listed below.....

Roadkill
Venom
Jimbrae
JRNelson
Golikell
PenPen
MadMeex
Slodder
Wezz
ViolentG
GeneralFailure
Touchdown
PLMP110
DaveCox
Minuteman
bennie
Savage
Envar
greatbrit
APbullet
Ralf
Kancali
lestweforget
herberta
Terminator

I really would like to know who hasn't started yet, who still has no idea on what to build, who has decided not to join the Campaign after all, or whose topic(s) I might have missed......

Who's Missing in Action ? Missing Units...Please report your status......
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 08:51 AM UTC
jrnelson reporting fit for duty sir!

I have been greedily assembling the ingredients for my RMG dio. I will be building a PzKpfw IV H from the 9th SS Hohenstauffen.

Hohenstauffen had just been ordered back to Germany for a re-fit and new equipment (the unit was all but destroyed in the Falaise fighting). The day they were supposed to embark for Germany via rail, the allied attacks occurred.

My PzKpfw IV will be shown along a roadside (with trees, etc.) with the commander getting news of the allied attacks from an orderly on a motorcycle. The unit was then told to turn over its armor to 10th SS "Frundsberg" for use in repelling the attacks north and west of Arnhem.

As you can see by the picture, I haven't gotten properly underway yet.... hehe But I do have all the goodies assembled :-)

I should get properly underway next week..
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 09:17 AM UTC
Roger that Jeff,

glad you are engaging ! I'll inform HQ on your status.

Happy Building !
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 09:23 AM UTC
HQ, Envar calling from the front line.
Things are set and the squad is ready to rumble!

I will send some intel information first thing next week when we solve our documentation problems!

Over and out.

Toni
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 09:30 AM UTC
Received Loud and Clear Toni !

As always I can't wait to see your progress.... keep us posted.

NB : We're wearing the logo with pride !! This, and Roberts Gazette logo, will be the faces to the world of our Campaign !!! Thanks again.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 07:34 PM UTC
G'day eagle, i am currently building 2 dios for rmg ( i am going to build 3 all together) if i can only choose 1 though, it will be the one i havent started yet, which si the one most people know i have planned, the 1:35 dio of ss troops ruuning along side an mtl spw, (using tamiyas frontline infantry and their mtl spw).
The two i am building at the moment are 1:72 dios, one of some british paratroopers attacking the enemys with a british comet tank coming up behind them to give them support. the kit i am using for this is the 1:72 Revell comet & british paratroopers.
The other is of a german Artillery battery with some troops firing a type-18 105mm field howitzer, and a Famo driving on a road next to the battery.
I hope you all likwe the sound of it, lol, because you will have to wait a while for some pics
cheers
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:19 AM UTC
Lestweforget,

I sure like the sound of your message !

Good Luck building and please keep us posted.

MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:03 AM UTC
They must have put in the wrong damn crystals - I broadcast my status last week. The build of the 250/1 is proceeding at a good clip. I'm about to the point of switching to the airbrush to continue.

Mika
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:48 AM UTC
Action ? What action ?

After gruesome months of blood, gore, ice and snow at the East front, young Volkmar has got a lucky strike. He's being transfered to a unit in occupied territory : Holland. At a safe distance from the roaring cannons. In fact he's very lucky. The relative peace of occupied Holland suits him well : the quiet countryside, the occasional cosy tavern... all a young soldier needs after being half frozen in the Tundas for many months.
So Volkmar's marching orders have come in and he's moving to the area of Arnhem. He looks forward to being stationed there.
These are the last weeks of summer, and he intends to make the best of them ! This will almost be a holiday for him !

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 02:57 AM UTC
Just enlisted. I will be building the beastie below, Mobelwagen SS-Panzer-FLAK-Abteilung 9
photographed on Dreyenseweg, Oosterbeek.

Shaun

vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 03:29 AM UTC
i'm in the campaning,, but i have no idea what to build. Pls ideas. plsssssss oh, by the way i need something cheap.
Minuteman
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 03:35 AM UTC
Minuteman checking in. Building in process, hopefully, pictures to follow by the end of the week. This week Major Digby-Warter will be assembled including umbrella. Just completed a ton of bricks, well a 1/35 scale ton. As well as cast the front of the building.
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 05:06 AM UTC
Kancali checking in...I posted an update in my journal along with the picture I found
that im going to use. I havent started building yet but will send pics when i start..
Im relying on the length of the campaign to get it all done, so im still in the researching
and reading phase of my project which is funner than i thought it would be.. guess im
learning more about this whole thing than just modeling which is definitely a plus.
I cant identify the armor vehicle in the picture i selected.. its barely visible.. i posted it in
my gallery - b/w photo titled oosterbeek...if anyone wants to take a stab at it the help
would be appreciated.. thanks chris
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
Kancali -

That is a StuH 42of StuG Brigade 280. The following is another shot of the same vehicle, taken moments later.... notice the lack of a muzzle break.

Apparently this vehicle was base yellow, with brown and green mottle camo. Apparently it also had waffle pattern zim. The shurzen are completely gone. The parachute is from a supply container that was dropped earlier. I don't know of any other pictures of this beast
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
Keenan, Welcome on board.... Glad to see you joined us.

Vlady, I took a look at the Campaign pages, but didn't saw your name on the participants list.... did you allready enlist ? You can do it over here : RMG Campaign Pages

Minuteman, thanks for the update...nice idea.... I just love that umbrella guy !

Kancali, Good to hear from you too ! That will also be an impressive diorama !

Well guys, still 13 units missing in action....... I hope to hear from them soon. To all of you I say HAPPY MODELING and KEEP US POSTED ON THE PROGRESS !!

Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
jrnelson.. Wow!! fast response with an extra photo to boot!!! Thanks!!
I hope i can find this afv in production without it costing an arm and a leg.
If not ill find something that will fit the situation, although id like to try and
create the scene as closely as possible... once again Thanks!
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 07:36 AM UTC
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr danny can't u see my big banner? Do u think i put it just for fun? + i told u in the chat rooms. ha
PanzerFoto
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 54 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:08 AM UTC
Heej Hoi,

Ik mis mij steeds in het rijtje van namen terwijl ik me wel had aangemeld, nu heb ik me vanmiddag via een of andere pagina toe kunnen voegen aan een lijstje dus nu doe ik weer officieel mee?
Ik heb al een model uitgekozen en ik ben nu op zoek naar de foto waarna ik het model wil maken. Ik heb ergens in een boek de afbeelding staan maar ik kan um (nog) niet vinden.

Maar heej, ik doe mee!

PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:44 AM UTC
Count me in... look for something simple with Red Devils in 120MM.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 09:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr danny can't u see my big banner? Do u think i put it just for fun? + i told u in the chat rooms. ha

Vlad,
Hehe...you did...but I've been talking about entries, concepts, links etc. with a number of people for the last couple of weeks...hey when I go to bed I dream RMG , sorry that I didn't remember ! But hey...you finaly enlisted on the official list #:-)

Jochem,

Je had je inderdaad opgegeven, maar je naam stond niet op "die een of andere pagina". (helaas is die een of andere pagina nou net wel de enige echte Campaign Pagina ) Gelukkig sta je erop en ben je nu officieel ingelijfd bij de Campaign, Alsnog hartelijk welkom !

Als je kunt omschrijven welke foto je zoekt, kan ik misschien helpen....ik heb er inmiddels al veel gezien de afgelopen weken ...

Nate,

Welcome aboard... don't forget to enlist. Here's the link to the Campaign pages : RMG Campaign Page
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 09:46 AM UTC
Kencali-

I just sent you a PM regarding the kits available to build this.

HTH
Jeff
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 10:29 AM UTC
hey eagle,
i told you what i was going to be building already,
im doing the diorama of john baskeyfield,
havent got the 6-pounder i bought from ebay yet, and still looking for suitable figures
ill post some shots of my progress, as soon as there is some!
cheers
joe
 _GOTOTOP