_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Buy and sell forum
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Armorama: 786 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 02:14 AM UTC
Would it be hard to make it so when you sell an item that you can remove the thread? I belive it would clear up space on the first page, or make a time limit for a post, say one week then the post is removed?
Just thinking out lous
jd
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 03:45 PM UTC
I'll agree with you on this. It would be great if you could delete your own posts. I don't think a time limit is the way to go though.

I'd also like to see the post title included in what can be edited.

On a side note... I wish more people with numerous sale items would learn to use the edit function for their original post so you don't have to scroll through the thread to figure out what's been sold.
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 01:16 AM UTC
Bob
The only reason I suggested a time limit is that posts get burried 3 or 4 pages back, in lets say 2 weeks for example you would be able to repost with a new list if needed. I have seen posts fron a year ago pop up.
Just a suggestion
Jim
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 04:11 AM UTC
The problem there would be a post with, say, 20 items in it. I wouldn't want to retype the whole thing just because I forgot to rerun it before it disappeared.

I know what you're saying about an older post popping up. I'm amazed that someone actually waded that far back in the archives to find it. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

On a side note... I wish more people with numerous sale items would learn to use the edit function for their original post so you don't have to scroll through the thread to figure out what's been sold.

You can only edit posts for about an hour after you post I think so that would have to be changed too
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:37 AM UTC
It would be interesting to know how much storage this site has, I wonder if they are in the "Cloud", or just banks of HD's spinning away.....
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 01:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You can only edit posts for about an hour after you post I think so that would have to be changed too

I don't believe there is a time limit for editing buy/sell forum posts as I've been able to edit some old posts. It would be nice to be able to edit the post title though.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 01:06 PM UTC
I vote for leaving it as is. I have seen posts pop up from a long time pop up and have still sold stuff off of them. I also like that you can go back at any time and edit them. I see no problems with the current system.
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 01:57 PM UTC
I think that a time limit say 6 months or a year would be a good limit as the prices of kits are going up, would you honor a post for something you listed 2 years ago? This would clean the clutter of old or all ready sold items that the poster did not bother to update.
Thats my thought.
Jim
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 05:09 PM UTC
I could get along with six months.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 06:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I could get along with six months.

^^Ditto^^
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 07:46 PM UTC
I believe the set up of the forums currently prevents this but by all means please forward your concerns and request to the publisher Jim Starkweather.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't believe there is a time limit for editing buy/sell forum posts as I've been able to edit some old posts. It would be nice to be able to edit the post title though.

sorry my mistake
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 12:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

sorry my mistake

Pat it is my understanding that the person who starts a thread can edit it with no time limit and it was put in place because of the BST forum.
 _GOTOTOP