_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
David J.Parkins 1/35
Andrij
Visit this Community
Lviv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 11:20 PM UTC
I foud on this site some interesting products for me.
http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_35th_Vehicles.html
But I would know about general quality. Has anybode got those kits?
TheModeller
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 01:45 AM UTC
I don't have any of thier military kits but I own and have used a lot of thier aircraft detail sets from the Flightpath line, the quality of resin, etch and decals in everything I've bought and used is first class and I would hesitate to recommend thier products on that basis, in addition I've found thier customer service to be excellent.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 02:53 AM UTC
I built the Saracen when it first came out and it was all White metal at the time. The problem with that was, due to the weight it bent the suspension system over a short period of time and the wheels ended up hitting the catwalk.

These kits were not initiated and designed by Firing Line but purchased (taken over ) from a company (name escapes me, 'Dartmoor models' I think) that stopped making vehicles.

The Saracen and Saladin had a much needed redesign due to the wheels being to narrow (I hope they are fixed)... (Look at the pictures and compare them to AA's Saladin)?

Much and many of the metal parts have been replaced since the first items were released.

I have built the firing Line Ferret Mk.2 and the Stalwart, both were very nice. The Stalwart detail both inside and out was very good.

I cannot compare the Stalwart to any of Accurate Armour's but the AA. Ferrets are far superior when it comes to internal detail (Firing Line doesn't (didn't) have any, except for a rudimentory turret MG.)

The pricing will dictate your purchase.
Exterior detail is quite acceptable.

Another vehicle I have built is the 1 Ton Land Rover (GS version)... A simple build and nice detale with minor flaws such as the shovel handle being over scale and the fire extiguishers being under scale.

The suspension is soft and the wheels have splayed outwards from the bottom, not much in the way of underbody transmission detail. Nice photo etched detail for the Jerican holders.

The canvas cover is nicely done (texture) but you need to pay attention and add the tie down straps on the rear opening.

I do intend to purchase the 432 Engine at some point as this will be a nice item to have as a 'load' or diorama extra alongside AA's Challenger power pack.

Keith.
Andrij
Visit this Community
Lviv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 09:25 PM UTC
Thank you mates!
 _GOTOTOP