_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Techniques
Diorama techniques and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Afrika Korp Tank Crew Mounting?
stevedb227
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 10:48 AM UTC
I have just finished Dragons Panzer III Ausf J in Afrika Korp finish. I have the Masterbox set of German Tank Crew standing/sitting on tank discussing objectives.

My question is how could I place them on the tank without glueing them on. I had thought of blu-tack (very small piece) but obviously don't want anything that could possibly ruin the finish of the vehicle over time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ironmike
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC
I would suggest fine, sturdy wire. Drill holes in the bottom of the figures feet (careful) then corresponding holes on the surface of the tank - it is hard to line up the holes sometimes, but if done right it works. Try the wires and holes on a scrap part for practice.
Ironmike
stevedb227
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 10:59 AM UTC
Thank you for the suggestion. My apologies for not being clearer. I want to make the crew stay on tank but not permanently if that is possible?
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 11:19 AM UTC
Steven, gravity would work for the sitting guys. I would still try Blue Tack but first put down a couple of coats of sealer and a dull top coat. If you have the luxury of time a little Blue Tack in a hidden spot to see if it marks or not.
This is all a guess. I just use gravity myself.
HTH !
Tom
stevedb227
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 11:35 AM UTC
Thanks Tom, I will test the blu-tack out. I have tried the gravity method but with the 5 of them it is like a deck of cards. At least with these particular figures. If not then permanent it is!

Cheers
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 01:24 PM UTC
Any pictures to post? I don't have any suggestions that haven't been said, but sounds like it's a cool build
 _GOTOTOP