_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Figure comparison
Anzac
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 11:52 AM UTC
Im hoping that you guys will be able to help me with a comparison check
Ive had an idea for a dio which i have made a start on with the chopper and the base but have run into a slight problem with my figures. Due to cost i cant afford to but lots of individual figures so was looking at the dragon vietnam series. because i need more than four figures two pack are no good due to the similair poses and would be difficult for me to alter.
My request is that if anyone is looking at figure sites and have a look at the the TET figures and the KHE SANH figures and tell me if there is any great diffrence between them and would you notice that they are marines as opossed to infantry.
i know it is a minor point but would like to get my dio as close to be acurate.
i have done to much now to stop and re think of another.

many thanks
Anzac #:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 12:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

because i need more than four figures two pack are no good due to the similair poses and would be difficult for me to alter.

Dragons figures are all seperate arms, legs, torsos, etc. so you could swap arms and legs about to make figures have different poses. You could also use arms from other figures to suit, as well. YouŽd be amazed at how different the same figures could look with a little effort.
Also if you need a particular pose ... cut the arms or legs at joints, drill holes in each side, join again with wire and super glue and fill in the gap in the newly adjust arm or leg and sculpt/continue the already made creases to suit. Milliput is perfect for this.
It sounds harder than it really is. Even some cheap Italeri marines can be kit bashed into your figures for extra poses.
 _GOTOTOP