_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MasterBox British Weapons
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:32 AM UTC
I noticed no one did a review on Master Box's new British Infantry Weapons set yet, so I thought I would give 2cents worth. The set contains 2 Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk3; 2 Lee Enfield No.1 Mk1 with fixed bayonet; 5 assorted stens with detached mags; 1 PIAT; 1 Enfield revolver; 1 Boys anti-tank rifle; 1 Vickers Mk1 MG with 2 tripods (1 high; and 1 low positions); 1 Bren Mk 1; 1 Lewis Light MG; and 6 Mk1 infantry helmets. All the items are crisply moulded and are probably the best so far in plastic. I haven't measured them in scale, but they look right and in proportion. There are, however, a few criticisms: the Vickers comes with water can and ammo box and belt, but there is no water hose (no big deal!) although it is pictured on the box art. The ammo box, because it is a solid moulding, has a mighty large sink hole on either side. The PIAT is moulded loaded and if the modeler wants to model it otherwise has to do some research and careful cutting and drilling. Also, no extra rounds or ammo tubes are included. The padding and laced sleeve seen on most (or all) PIAT's is absent. The Lewis gun is well done with bored out muzzle and attached mag, but with no spares. All this on 1 sprue. I wouldn't have minded paying a bit more for 2 sprues, but such is life.
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:24 PM UTC
cheers mate, might be worth getting
 _GOTOTOP