Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I got the idea when waking up a morning this summer,

You wake up with thoughts of bare footed girls looking at rockets?

No more comment

:D

Despite the story behind it, it's very well build & painted !

Congrats !
Jenseits
Visit this Community
Indre-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 213 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 04:28 AM UTC
yet I swear you Claude that I was not either drunk nor under toxic influences
the story is real!

and then thank you you John!!
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 04:42 AM UTC
I suppose the story eludes me too but at the same time it intrigues me that there is, in fact, no solid 'storyline' and that the viewer must interpret for themselves- to me thats very engaging. As for the colors I can't help but be drawn in by them- they are very different but, in my opinion, they work well together helping to set the scene and tell the the story. They also add up to make the scene incredibly striking to the viewer. Nicolas- many congratulations!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 06:51 AM UTC
Hey Nicolas, Very interesting. The colors blend into the scene like the old story books my Grandma used to read to me when I was really young, those washed out oil painting types that bleed gently off the pages. Now it is intriguing that so many find a different story behind this, I love that. It reminds me of a sci-fi book I read back in the early 60's about a woman who lost everything in the last war. She ended up tearing apart the last military weapon in front of astonished survivors who could not see why she would destroy the last weapon of hope for mankind. It ends with her walking off into the sunset with a little boy who was alone also. So you see, I too have my own take on this one too. A dio. or vign. that should tell a story? Yours tells many to many people. Now how to incorporate that idea into one of mine. Personally, I like this one best out of all the work I have seen by you, it appeals and pleases my inner being. Congratulations on perplexing so many so simply with such a small masterpiece. bob d.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 07:41 AM UTC
Nice job! If you sold that woman figure, I just may buy one!

I could think of some uses for a female figure such as that one.

The vignette has "meaning"...unique and original. Perhaps she is wondering what the machine is?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 11:07 AM UTC
I thought she is trying to salvage a rocket, or inspecting it to see if it could still be fired.
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 11:28 AM UTC
Looks great, glad to see it's finished.
Jenseits
Visit this Community
Indre-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 213 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 10:34 PM UTC
Thanks Karl, I worked that diorama's colours in the same way I did with Baba Yaga, the girls sort of symbolizes a form of purity (very pink !) which contrasts with the surrounding elements. but the trick was to make this purity blend with the aggressive surroundings, here the "green block", aggressive ground cover and rusting vehicle sort of stain the colour of the dress as the green-brown colours are somewhat reflected on the dress. This is what I wanted to do "artistically"

Yes Bob, I just read your text and that's exactly what i wanted to do! You are right about the colours and dead right about the freedom of interpretation. You know I have those "rules for better diroamas" with the second one being that a diorama must tell a story. Well, for diorama beginners definitely, but there is something beyond, now what I want to create are canvas for people to fill whatever they want in them!
and your interpretation is ace too!

Thanks Pete! Stupid me, I had all the material to do a great casting (homemade since November complete with vacuum pump and all) and didn't really think to cast that one. But i will with the next one (Baba yaga 2 I guess)

Indeed Biggles, she could, thanks for your take!

Thank you Christopher!
baggemats
Visit this Community
Flemish Brabant, Belgium
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:41 AM UTC
Love it, and your other dioramas to!
Whatever the girl is doing it's i don't care, i like the feeling about it, the same with Baba Yaga
 _GOTOTOP