_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Into Iraq with Tamiya
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 04:11 AM UTC
Two new announcements from Tamiya in 1/35 scale should have you prepared to head into Iraq.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 10:43 AM UTC
The Paladin looks great....might have to get one.
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 10:55 AM UTC
As stated in previous threads the Paladin is a reboxing of the old (and somewhat updated) Italeri kit and some stowage and figures from the Tamiya OIF Bradley.

Cheers,
/E
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 11:01 AM UTC
Actually on the Tamiya website, it states the figures are Master Box.

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 12:17 PM UTC
Thanks, Kevin. Is anything here really new?
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 12:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Kevin. Is anything here really new?

I think other then the TUSK II addon for the M1A2, not really. It is unfortunate for Tamiya, they were the go to kit when I was younger, but they have done nothing new and exciting for some time. Maybe, hopefully soon.

Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 474 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 01:24 PM UTC
Tamiya will always be my go to kit first before any other. The Abrams. Will be a very welcome addition ( every dragon Abrams I bought has had a bowed deck poorly cast ) guess there's always the resin tusk conversion offering for those who avoid Tamiya ( probably a few cheap ones soon on eBay )

Adam
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 02:54 PM UTC
Nothing really new here.

The M109A6 Paladin is a rebox of the Italeri kit with no improvements and just the addition of the extra equipment and figure sprue from the Tamiya's M2A2 ODS kit. The basic Paladin kit is so-so, but not great, and it has crappy tracks. It is missing anti-slip coating, the top and side turret hatches are molded closed, and the hull is out of date with the flotation system cover and other flotation system parts that have not been on M109s since the A2 version. I'll wait for the Riich model M109A6 Paladin kit to come out, which look like it will be awesome.

The M1A2 SEP w/TUSK 2 kit is the same basic Tamiya M1A1/A2 kit as their earlier release with a bit of updating on the upper hull (left rear of hull for Hawker Battery) and a couple new sprues for the TUSK 2 parts. It is still lacking the anti-slip coating, has older T158 tracks, and is lacking other details for an M1A2 SEP tank. Again, I'll stick to the Dragon M1A1 AIM and M1A2 SEP kits. They are light years ahead of Tamiya on details. I might get this one for just the TUSK parts, probably not though.
HK_sends
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 07:39 PM UTC
The Italeri Paladin shouldn't be much of a surprise. Tamiya is the import distributor for Italeri kits in Japan. Their boxes used to have both logos on them. Hasegawa did the same thing for Dragon when I was in Japan last.

Cheers!
-HK sends
AnthonyCruz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:25 AM UTC
The Paladin isn't entirely the same old kit. Tamiya had Italeri do new tooling on the tracks and roadwheels. This was annouced at the Shizuoka show in Japan. At least that'll "somewhat" bring it up to par....
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Paladin isn't entirely the same old kit. Tamiya had Italeri do new tooling on the tracks and roadwheels. This was annouced at the Shizuoka show in Japan. At least that'll "somewhat" bring it up to par....

I would like to see what the "retool" looks like. All the sprue shots I have seen look the same as the original Italeri M109A6 kit.

I'll still wait for the Riich Model kit.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I would like to see what the "retool" looks like. All the sprue shots I have seen look the same as the original Italeri M109A6 kit.

I'll still wait for the Riich Model kit.

Don't know much about the M109 in kit form, but here's AFV Club's release and test shots for their new kit of it:

PMMS New Kit News::AFV Club

Looks pretty darned nice.

I'd guess Tamiya's "new" release is an attempt to steal the march on AFV Club.
 _GOTOTOP