_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
models in more campaings?
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 04:33 AM UTC
i have one big questions. can i use a model that i build some time ago or for another campaing and use it also for another one?
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 05:59 AM UTC
Vlady,
not in charge of the specific nor wanting to upset you, but I think that the fun is to start a new project for every campaign and complete it, unless you do not include the old one in a new diorama (I mean with new figures and vehicles)...
Ciao
Fabio
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 06:00 AM UTC
For RMG you can, as long as the diorama is new and you stay within the rest of the rules and regs.
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 06:24 AM UTC
k. just asking. thanks.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:02 PM UTC
We have had this question already in Operation cover-up. Somebody wanted to use a completed model that they had already built for the campaign. We agreed that as this was a campaign, and a few months of time so no already built models are allowed.

I have read tonight also that somebody was using their model is sveral campaigns/ group builds. Why? The idea is to get folks building. But if you build a vehicle and enter it in two camapigns/group builds, this is only to get the award medals. I believe if a medal has been awarded for one, another medal can be awarded for the same kit, even if it is only a part of a dio.
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:13 PM UTC
It seems to me that that would defeat the purpose of having a campaign in the first place.But I have been wondering if anybody would object to getting an early start on a new model
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 12:33 PM UTC
Plasticbattle-

I assume you are talking about my entries for Operation Cover Up and RMG?

My trench dio will feature a US M-10 and a German 88. I though what the heck, as long as I'm building the tank destroyer for the campaign, i might as well build along with the other guys building the tank destroyers. As far as I know, there are no ribbons for the TD build, so that was the last thing on my mind when I posted pics of the M-10.

For RMG, I had always planned on doing the PzKpfw IV for that... SS-74 mentioned that he wanted to have a sort of mini-group build between the two of us on PzKpfw IV's (once again no ribbon), and it grew from there, with others joining in. I didn't start before the beginning date on the campaign (in fact, I still havn't started), so I don't see the problem.

These are both kits that have not been previously built (or even worked on), I opened them up after the campaigns got underway. The two group builds that are underway are informal affairs with no ribbons.... heck, I don't even need a ribbon for the campaigns either. If the point is to get people building, this has certainly done that for me.

Just for the record, I am doing two seperate dios, with entirely new and different vehicles for each of the two campaigns. It just so happens that there are group builds going on currently that fit the categories of the vehicles that I am building for the campaigns. I am not building these "just for the award medals".

Later-
Jeff
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 05:04 AM UTC
plastic, i didn't asked because i wanted to do this thing, because i don't have models that i can use for 2 campaings-group builds, but just because i saw somewhere the question and it made me curious. Anyway thanks and hope u didn't got angry.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:08 AM UTC
I had the same thought. I have the German field kitchen that I built for the Barb campaign and I was thinking about incorporating it into the RMG campaign. Any thoughts?
I can see why we wouldn't want the campaigns to turn into a "clean off your shelves and throw something together" affair, too.
I can see both sides.

Shaun
 _GOTOTOP