Hosted by Darren Baker
Opinions wanted
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:04 AM UTC
Since I'm a fan of British military vehicles, I have started thinking about building a modern Jackal. And there are two kits to choose from. Airfix in 1/48 and A.A in 1/35.

The sensible choice would be to get the cheap Airfix one, but I feel that 1/48 isn't really my scale, and from reading som review the kit isn't perfect. But then again, I have never built a full resin kit before. Have used several resin konversion kits, but never a full kit.

So, what do you guys think, go for the expensive kit in the right scale or the less expensive kit in the wrong scale?
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:22 AM UTC
It all depends on your comfort level. I like resin kits personally. If you mess up it easier to take apart and fix LOL.

cheers
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:41 AM UTC
Guess I have to step out of my comfort zone sooner or later...
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 01:48 PM UTC
choose whatever you want to do. ask yourself if you are going to say "i wish i would have done the other one", then you arent choosing the right one. even though it may be more expensive, you will probably be happier with it
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 02:28 PM UTC
I would go with the cheaper one, first. That way, if you decide you would rather build the more expensive one you aren't out of money. And, you will have some knowledge of how the finished kit should look.
 _GOTOTOP