_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Thundering death!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 05:29 AM UTC
In this dio I started about 35 years ago(gulp) the horses get revenge on the humans for all of the suffering the horses endured in human warfare over the centuries.
http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/jrutman53/?action=view¤t=IMG_1305.jpg

Scratchbuilt French ammo wagon

Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 05:34 AM UTC
Wasn't expecting to see anything like this Jerry.... no wonder it's taken thirty-five years! Looks like you've taken all the time you needed with each figure, has to be at least eighty figures there? And that's just people!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 05:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wasn't expecting to see anything like this Jerry.... no wonder it's taken thirty-five years! Looks like you've taken all the time you needed with each figure, has to be at least eighty figures there? And that's just people!

Yeah buddy! I haven't seen this in about 25 years . I was reminded about the fact that I did all this work by another modeler that posted something to me about large dios. I dug these guys out to take the pic and they are now back in the box slumbering away again. I painted these dude while in Special Forces medic school. Since I was seperated from my family while at school I needed to fill some spare time and stay out of trouble!
J
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 05:50 AM UTC
Surprised nothing is broken! Guess medic school wasn't in some interesting location? I think my father said his mechanical training for the Abrams was in Louisiana. I can see why you were building models!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 06:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Surprised nothing is broken! Guess medic school wasn't in some interesting location? I think my father said his mechanical training for the Abrams was in Louisiana. I can see why you were building models!

Wellll.....it was an interesting place all right(San Antonio,Tx) but I didn't have a car and almost no money as my family got most of that so I rapidly ran out of things to do.
It's hard to break soft plastic.
J
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 06:55 AM UTC
I used to do strictly Citadel figures and all I can say is simply amazing work! I can understand the years and effort you must have put into this. A nice break from WWI-current.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 04:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I used to do strictly Citadel figures and all I can say is simply amazing work! I can understand the years and effort you must have put into this. A nice break from WWI-current.

I just got some Citadel paints at Telford this year as I heard good things about the metal colors.
Thanks for the kind words dude.
J
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 03:51 AM UTC
Fantastic looking battle scene Jerry, and very colorful- the figures and horses must have took a long time to do!
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 07:09 AM UTC
Hi Jerry

great idea to post the pics over here! Brings some change, doesn't it!

Well done m8!
Romain
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 12:15 PM UTC
Thanks Karl,
Yes,it did take a long time to paint all of that. Kept me out of trouble though.

Romain,
Thanks for the kind words man. Love to see the Aspern-Essling dio.
J
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 03:47 PM UTC
How long was that school? That's a lot of painting there; very nice work! I had a little 6 month stay there at Sam Houston back in 92'. Good job keeping out of trouble.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 02:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How long was that school? That's a lot of painting there; very nice work! I had a little 6 month stay there at Sam Houston back in 92'. Good job keeping out of trouble.

I went there as an E-6 and 11HP-3 to go through the basic medic course of 91A. This was a pre-requisit for going to 18D training. So after I went to phase one SF school(land nav,patrolling,snake eating,etc) I went back to Sam Houston for phase two SF medic training. The intense schooling was like medical school as we were being trained to operate without doctors being around and it got the best of my pea brain after 8 months so it was off to 82nd Abn for this grunt.
I suppose stayin out of trouble was no tenough!! LOL
J
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 03:07 AM UTC
Looks great Jerry. Why not make a base for them ... some nice landscaping, a few trees and other groundwork details. After the work you´ve already done on these, they deserve to be presented properly.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 03:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great Jerry. Why not make a base for them ... some nice landscaping, a few trees and other groundwork details. After the work you´ve already done on these, they deserve to be presented properly.

You are correct,after all of that work it would be nice to display. Problem is,where?
It was interesting to see the other thread here about the 1/72 scale stuff available now. Much better situation now than it was when I painted these guys. Lots more variety now.
My aim was to creat some special figs as the central part of the dio and have the mass of attacking cavalry as a background.
There is also the possibility that if I finished this dio it would then get thrown out as all of my other projects have been. So until I decide the guys are still slumbering in their boxes.
J
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 09:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There is also the possibility that if I finished this dio it would then get thrown out as all of my other projects have been.

Ce? Say again??
 _GOTOTOP