_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Beginners
A good place to look if you are just starting out.
Hosted by Darren Baker
My new dio - when hunger calls
posty1978
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 - 08:15 PM UTC
a very common Tamiya kit on the field kitchen...the water effect is WS Realistic Water...wanted to create some ripples but this is my first time with water and I wasnt sure how to do it with WS Realistic Water...comments criticism most welcome

IMG_6785 - final by dioramaposty, on Flickr

IMG_6780 - final by dioramaposty, on Flickr

IMG_6777 - final by dioramaposty, on Flickr

IMG_6771 - final by dioramaposty, on Flickr

IMG_6762 - final by dioramaposty, on Flickr

Vonflak
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 03:37 AM UTC
Looks good posty! It has a very natural feel. If you want to apply ripples you can use liquitex thick medium. It's an acrylic goop that you can shape with a brush. It dries crystal clear.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 03:54 AM UTC
Great dio!! Very natural looking. The photography is quite good as well with the natural backlighting. Makes it hard to see your paint work though.
J
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 03:58 AM UTC
Nice little diorama straight out of the box.
posty1978
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 05:27 AM UTC
thanks folks ... for my next water dio am planning to use Envirotex as that's quite cheap compared to WS products..will get the liquitex stuff as well
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 06:21 AM UTC
Sudeep,

Nice dio.
I always use Envirotex.It always works well.
Your lucky if it's quite cheap in India,because here in Canada it's it is just the oppisite.

Tom
posty1978
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 06:45 AM UTC
Tom we dont get Envirotex in India...I found only WS products here...the price of Envirotex on eBay is cheaper than the WS products in the store here
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 03:27 PM UTC
good job posty, the terrain is well done. I like it!
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 08:03 PM UTC
Great Dio
posty1978
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 08:09 PM UTC
Thanks folks
MadModeler
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 02:05 AM UTC
Great job. I love the German Kitchen kits out there. Remember .. Army always travels on it's stomach.

Cheers,
Tom
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 07:39 AM UTC
Hey Sudeep, I like this allot. Very natural and your ground work is well done. The only thing that stood out as being out of place is the height of your grass/weeds is almost the same level in each clump. Not sure what you are using but if you trim some short and some tall it will look less manicured. I use the Hudson and Allen tall grass. What I do to give it different height is I pull out enough of the 2 colors I want and pull gently with some so some is longer in the ends of the group. Then I bend it in half and cut just short of the middle bend, dip in thick tacky glue and place it in position. After a few clumps are in place, I take a #11 blade and insert it into the clump and twist it sideways so it kind of spreads it in an outward angle. Hope this makes sense to you. Other than that it is a real nice dio. The pic with the sun in the upper left corner makes it look very realistic. The river bank is awesome, has that wet to dry aspect which is just what it looks like in reality. I have the old kit built up in the spares cabinet and the newer one in the stash. They are still pretty good kits even for their age. Like I said, very nice dio! Your photo skill is really better than anything I could do. Had to edit as I realized I forgot to mention the enviro-tex. GREAT STUFF!!! You can tint it to depict deep or shallow water. Just paint the bottom of your river dark and make your first pour dark. With each layer you tint it less and less and you will notice that objects disappears into the depths. Really cool stuff. The stuff for ripples and current eddies is an acrylic based paste used in building up the surface for acrylic paintings. It is referred to as acrylic medium gel. You can get it in a tube or can. Has a white base but dries clear. It has several uses, water ripples, mud, ice sickles and such. Hope this info helps. bob d.
posty1978
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 06:40 PM UTC
Bob a big thanks for those comments and suggestions. Will keep the height thing in mind next time. For the grass I have used a normal paint brush dipped in green acrylic paint and cut in lengths and attached to the base with white epoxy putty. Later I trimmed them with a scissor. For the water I used WS realistic water and didnt tint them. Just poured few layers on top of each other but now have run into a problem. I noticed that the water has turned milky white whereas earlier it was transparent. Is it a common issue with WS water? I live in India and we dont have access to most of the modelling tools and products. Will order EnviroTex from eBay next time.
nambirvan
Visit this Community
Bursa, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 77 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 09:01 PM UTC
very nice work. congratulations.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hey Sudeep, anytime . As far as the ws water is concerned, I have not used it so I'm not sure. Usually a milky look comes from moisture, but not sure with this product. Maybe someone else here would know.
Alejandro
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 01:36 PM UTC
Very nice work!
JSoltoft
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 04:00 PM UTC
Both dio and water looks great. I have tried Vallejo stillwater, not as successful as your attempt.
- Johan
 _GOTOTOP