_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Question regarding 1/35 T-62 turret
Fenriswulf
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 03:59 AM UTC
Hi guys, long term reader and new poster here. I am after measurements of a 1/35 T-62 turret (mainly how wide it is at it's thickest part).

I am looking to buy a Miniarm resin turret to use for a project, but before I go ahead and do so, I would like to know how wide it is to see if it will fit what I am attaching it to.

I know this is a bit of a strange request, especially for a newbie, but I am hoping you can help me out with this.

Many thanks!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 04:22 AM UTC
I have a couple of resin turrets, but do not remember who made them. Neither is the way underscale Verlinden one, however. I have just arrived home, and don't know where my calipers are (I think my son was using them on project) but I can tell you each is a bout 1 mm larger in diameter than the Trumpeter offering. Either one could be reduced easily if that's what you need as the slope on each appears a tad too shallow. A few swipes with a rasp would get you where you need to be . If you're interested PM me your email address and I'll send photos.
Fenriswulf
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 04:41 AM UTC
This is going to sound crazy, but I am looking for a turret not unlike the T-62 to fit on to a 1/35 scale M4A2 Sherman tank from Academy. Weird, I know, I have a mix-and-match armour competition going on with friends, and I wanted to use this chassis, but with a different turret.

I have measured the interior dimension of the ring that surrounds the turret on the Sherman hull, and it is 5.7cm wide to the edges of the round cupola. Need something that will fit in that space and doesn't require that I build an entirely new turret.

I getting the feeling that the T-62 might be too big, but I am hoping it might be useful. If the Verlinden one is smaller, it might do the trick. If not, I will have to re-think my choice.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 07:12 AM UTC
As an aside, the Verlinden T-62 turret, as it is undersized, is a good, rough approximation of the Chinese Type 62 turret.

As for model stuff for fun, well, make it fit.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 09:16 AM UTC
Well, I didn't mention my Verlinden turret because I would never sell anything to someone knowing it was that far off. I feel duped into having bought it all those years ago. Since I know why you want it now, I'll see if I can dig it up. If I find it, it's yours for the cost of postage.
Fenriswulf
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 01:44 PM UTC
Wow! That would be of great help to me! As I am going for a mish-mash look to this, it doesn't need to be spot on accurate for size. Just trying to pull in whatever I can use to make the look of it work.

Many thanks for your kind offer, it is very much appreciated!
 _GOTOTOP