_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Before Building
Ideas, concepts, and researching your next diorama.
Hosted by Darren Baker
On-site protection for German industries
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 03:42 PM UTC
I want to build a large urban dio with an industry served by rail. This will be a German large town / small city in the early days, which means intact. However, I want to show some signs of the war. I have an idea, but don’t know if it’s realistic – having an AA platform built up from the third floor of the building.

I’m suggesting that because it gives me more height and drama, and I don’t have to give up any ground space – which is otherwise allocated. I know about the FLAK towers in the large cities, but wondered if there were also smaller, local installations at factories critical to the war effort? If so, would they always be separated from the actual production facility, or is there any justification for doing this?

I was thinking perhaps a bombsight manufacturer, but don’t know if factories that produced that sort of sensitive thing were isolated from towns and heavily defended. Other than that, perhaps some sort of equipment that was less sensitive, but might still justify protection. If there are any sites that might have info / photos that would help me with ideas, please send them along.

Thanks, Charles
 _GOTOTOP