Hosted by Darren Baker
MiniArt 1:72 building kit issues
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 10:59 PM UTC
Others may be less fussy, but I’ve spotted some things in recent MiniArt braille structure kits that turn me off. I can understand their modular approach in wanting to use the same parts for multiple kits, but if the kit doesn't make architectural sense or looks ugly, then this is false economy.

On the Goods Shed, they have brick wall panels next to each other with nothing to hide the joint. It is bad enough to have this vertical problem, but the rows of bricks don't always line up horizontally. At the first joint, they line up at the middle but not the top and bottom. At the second joint, they line up at the bottom, but are very uneven at the top. Also, I understand that it is a rolling door, but why are there rollers on the sides of the door at the bottom?

The Administrative building has the same problem with connecting brick panels, but another one that strikes me as odd design. At the office end they use a window style in a panel of inset brick, which is consistent with the rest of that wall. However, they also place one of these pieces in the middle of a plain brick side, and here the inset area makes no structural sense.

Charles
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 03:36 AM UTC
I agree that is poor design. You could hide some of the joints with downspouts or brick columns.
 _GOTOTOP