_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Summer of '41 - russian fram diorama (1/72)
bultenibo
Visit this Community
Uppsala, Sweden
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 10:31 AM UTC
Made this little dio a couple of weeks ago, mostly for practicing on my ground work skills.

The house is from Pegasus, the tank (OT-133 flamethower tank) is from Skif models and the figures are from Preiser.

Enjoy!

/Bultenibo

Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 10:41 AM UTC
Very nice scene, though why is it in the last couple photos it looks like the ground is trying to eat the tank?
bultenibo
Visit this Community
Uppsala, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 11:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice scene, though why is it in the last couple photos it looks like the ground is trying to eat the tank?

I actually don't know! Maybe it's trying to engulf the tank!
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 12:54 PM UTC
Hi I like the materials you used and it looks good. The thing to improve with the terrain I think is all the tall grass surrounds the tank on a well used road so it doesn't match the surrounding areas. What materials did you use to make the groundwork??
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 01:21 PM UTC
Hey Tony, your small dio really appeals to me. Small and to the point, interacts well in all aspects. I would suggest a thinner material for the thatched roof, like Hudson and Allen's tall winter grass. Also, they were laid in rows, kind of like regular shingles but a wider depth. Might I suggest a wood pile next to the side with a chopping block with an axe in it. Just a little bit of flavoring. But either way, it is real nice. 1/72nd scale is too small for my eyes to work with but this is great. Thanks for sharing it with us. bob d.
bultenibo
Visit this Community
Uppsala, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi guys! Thanks for the comments!

CaliforniaGreg:

Regarding the groundwork, I used ordinary sand for the road and flower pot dirt for the eart on the fields. This was painted first with Vallejo acrylics, then I added some shades with oils (Umbra, Sienna and Van Dyke brown). Lastly I added some light pigments from MIG.The grass is ordinary static grass wich was glued to the base with a mixture of white glue and Vallejo Dark Earth and then drybrushed in different shades of green.

Bob Davis: Thanks for the suggestion about the thathched roof. Next time I'll go for the Winter grass! I'm also working on adding a wood pile, an axe and a chopping block!
 _GOTOTOP