_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Looking For Some Scale Drawings
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 - 02:24 AM UTC
Hi All,

I'm looking for scale drawings of the Sa-5 launcher , Sa-11 Gadfly and 1S32 Pat Hand with a view to scratch-building one of these, probably the Sa-5 first. Are there any "accurate" scale drawings of these available anywhere on internet or in magazines such as M-Hobby?

Thanks,
Andy
EdCraft
Visit this Community
Sverdlovsk, Russia
KitMaker: 187 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 - 05:18 AM UTC
If You can - please, give the images as examples, which stuff exactly (mount as a whole, or which part of it - missile, launcher itself, or special vehicles) are interesting for You.
I seem, I have something on SA-5.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 - 05:28 AM UTC
Hi Andy,

check this site, loads of blueprints, but I dont know how correct they are.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/weapons/bulletsmissiles/4958/view/sa_5_gammon/

All the best,

Andreas
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 - 05:53 AM UTC
Hi Eduard

With regard to the SA-5 either the S-200A "Angara" with the V-860/5V21 or V-860P/5V21A missile, or the S-200V "Vega" with the V-860PV/5V21P missile.I'm not sure how much difference there is in the various launchers?

HTH
Andy
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 - 05:55 AM UTC
Here's the 5P72VE launcher used with the S-200/SA-5 missile (can't vouch for the drawing accuracy though ) :

A walkaround of the 5P72 launcher may interest you as well :

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/artillery/rus/s-200/s-200.htm

HTH

Frenchy
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 - 06:46 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply. I had found that drawing too but like you not sure how accurate it is. I've added the walkaround pics to the others I have:

http://www.primeportal.net/artillery/alexander_dymine/sa-5/
http://svsm.org/gallery/s-200_family

Regards,
Andy
EdCraft
Visit this Community
Sverdlovsk, Russia
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 05:23 AM UTC
Dear Andy !

This drawing (posted by Frenchy) is sole source of graphic information about SA-5/S-200 missile system due to following reasons:
1) Many years of secrecy. Even viewing of real drawings of this missile was equal to crime at that time.
2) This object is too big to draw it, and the scale plans of it will be have small interest because there are not so much modellers of rocket systems in the World.
3) All escaped missiles are in museums. To make the good drawings, the author must "grabble" whole object - from nose point to rear point to measure it and make the photos and sketches. No one Museum attendant will not allow to shin up on object (even one-two-three times !).

At present days, the secrecy has decreased (but not absolutely), and we can photograph these missiles and we can see technical books on them.

And this Frenchy's drawing is from this technical book on SA-5 system launcher. There are very many drawings in this book (sadly, there are not the upper view and bottom view of launcher; but there are many drawings of launcher's details and units). Also it is possible to find many books about the SA-5 missiles (5V21, 5V21A) themselves, and some land vehicles from this system. But in all these sources are technical drawings only (not high accurate scale plans).

And this information is much better than nothing.
By the way - neither "M-Hobby" magazine, nor other Russian magazines have not the scale plans of SA-5.

So, if You still have interest to such information - let me know.
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Andy !

This drawing (posted by Frenchy) is sole source of graphic information about SA-5/S-200 missile system due to following reasons:
1) Many years of secrecy. Even viewing of real drawings of this missile was equal to crime at that time.
2) This object is too big to draw it, and the scale plans of it will be have small interest because there are not so much modellers of rocket systems in the World.
3) All escaped missiles are in museums. To make the good drawings, the author must "grabble" whole object - from nose point to rear point to measure it and make the photos and sketches. No one Museum attendant will not allow to shin up on object (even one-two-three times !).

At present days, the secrecy has decreased (but not absolutely), and we can photograph these missiles and we can see technical books on them.

And this Frenchy's drawing is from this technical book on SA-5 system launcher. There are very many drawings in this book (sadly, there are not the upper view and bottom view of launcher; but there are many drawings of launcher's details and units). Also it is possible to find many books about the SA-5 missiles (5V21, 5V21A) themselves, and some land vehicles from this system. But in all these sources are technical drawings only (not high accurate scale plans).

And this information is much better than nothing.
By the way - neither "M-Hobby" magazine, nor other Russian magazines have not the scale plans of SA-5.

So, if You still have interest to such information - let me know.

Dear Eduard,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I guessed there wasn't any scale drawings available I just thought I should check.I was hoping I could just find out some of the basic dimensions so I could then scale out the rest using photographs. Some museums will let you take measurements from ground level while others wont, I just hoped someone had taken some from the Sa-5 system. I would still be interested in any information you have.

Regards
Andy
EdCraft
Visit this Community
Sverdlovsk, Russia
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 05:01 AM UTC
OK, if You still have the interest - send me PM with Your e-mail address.
 _GOTOTOP