_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
To the front
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 08:09 PM UTC
A 1/35 diorama of Russian troops heading to the front.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 03:56 AM UTC
Technically one of your better dioramas. I liked the fresh horse poop which has been just run over - nice touch! Again be more aware of your building, don't rush it. One good diorama is better than a couple of not so good. A bit too heavy in clean up on the gun trail leg right above the 'horse pie', and areas on figures where joints could be filled and mould seams could be cleaned off.
mikedoodles
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 09:23 PM UTC
I am new to this forum but i have looked at all of gerrysmodels threads and I am blown away by how good they are. I have yet to see one that hasn't impressed me. Biggles2 I'm sure he has said in a few of his threads that he has made his dioramas over the years, so i don't think he is rushing them. Gerry you are certainly one of the better diorama builders i have seen on the site so far. Keep them coming.

Mike
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 04:04 PM UTC
Gerry,
Very nice looking diorama. What did you use for all of the horse reins? They look great. Keep up the outstanding work.
Tom
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 10:12 PM UTC
Thanks for looking and the positive comments.

I take on board the constructive criticism which can only improve my modelling.

Tom the horse tack is made from paper as I found it gave the flexibility that was needed without looking stiff.

Cheers

Gerry

ejasonk
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 12:08 AM UTC
Nice!
But why 2 figures are wearing winter dress?
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 01:33 AM UTC
The Russian military seemed to wear great coats at Ny time of year.

I do not know if it was because it was easy to wear than carry or if they had a lack of uniform

Cheers

Gerry

dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 12:24 PM UTC
Hey Jerry, nicely done. I like the prairie muffin, can't have horses walking without them. Very obvious story, needs no explanation which is what a dio should do. One thing you should take a look at is the figure standing facing the rear, the weapon should hang lower with the sling. Check out some pic's of them. Rifles were heavy back then and gravity will pull them down, unless the trooper is holding the sling. Some times the attachment point will be even lower in the back and the butt will be in a more forward position. Not critical really, but it will tweak it up a notch. You have a great start and potential with the dio's you have shown us and it looks like you keep going upwards with them. Keep up the good work there buddy. I suspect one day you'll be one of the better dio. builders as you go along. You have the inner sense that is needed to create a 3D story successfully.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 02:00 PM UTC
Hello Gerry! Nooo,, I miss this stunning one!!

This diorama was very cool!! Especially each of the figure riding horse with proper lifelike shading effect, let me allow to learn from your work since I have my current project with figures riding horses, also

I have no other appropriate words, just keep it up and high salute for your amazing work!

Cheers

Garry
gerrysmodels
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 01:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Gerry! Nooo,, I miss this stunning one!!

This diorama was very cool!! Especially each of the figure riding horse with proper lifelike shading effect, let me allow to learn from your work since I have my current project with figures riding horses, also

I have no other appropriate words, just keep it up and high salute for your amazing work!

Cheers

Garry

Garry

Thanks for that look forward to seeing your dio when complete.

Cheers

Gerry
 _GOTOTOP